Dana Spicer brake shoes, lining upgraded
- Extended-life brakes. // Fleet Owner;Jul98, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p36
Features the XtraLife II trailer brakes from Spicer Trailer Products Division of Dana Corporation. Availability of the trailer brakes; Details on the brakes; Comments from manufacturer of the brakes.
- Air disc brake system for Class 7-8 vehicles. // Refrigerated Transporter;Aug2002, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p47
Features the Dana Spicer air disc brake system from Dana Corp.
- Latest Dana Spicer Trailer Brake System Sets New Industry Standard for Reduced Labor Costs and Less Downtime. // Fleet Equipment;Aug2000, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p65
Reports on Dana Corporation's Spicer Trailer Products Division's release of Express Brake system, a brake system designed to reduce downtime and replacement costs for trailers. Design and engineering features of the brake system; Friction surfaces of the system.
- Hit the brakes! // Consumer Reports;Aug99, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p50
Offers a report that tests the front brake pads for a 1993 Ford Taurus and a 1993 Honda Accord. Picking the pads; How breaks work; Watching for danger signs; Testing in the lab; Testing on the track; Conclusions. INSETS: How brakes work;Give your brakes a break;How to get a good brake job.
- Vortex Unlimited brake drum. // Bulk Transporter;Sep2012, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p51
The article offers brief information on the Vortex Unlimited cast brake drum from Web Wheel Products Inc.
- The Rotor Report: Drilled or Slotted? // Tomorrow's Technician;Aug2014, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p44
The article discusses slotted and/or cross-drilled high performance brake rotors. Topics discussed include installation of larger rotors to increase brake cooling capacity such as caliper repositioning and/or using large calipers, slotted rotors used by some racers with less risk of cracking...
- Dana Corp. to hit the brakes business. Pryweller, Joseph // Automotive News;8/10/1998, Vol. 77 Issue 5779, p51
Reports that the acquisition of Echlin Inc. by Dana Corp, prompted plans to supply brakes to automakers by Dana. Business operations of Echlin; Identification of competitors in the braking systems business; Value of Echlin's business; Reference to Dana's products.
- Brake Time. GINGERELLI, DAIN // American Iron Magazine;Jan/Feb2014 Motorcycle Bagger Supplement, p12
The author discusses if Harley-Davidson's Reflex Linked Brakes (RLB) system is a boon or a hindrance. He questions RLB's claim of improved or superior stopping performance which Harley-Davidson might rephrase its explanation about RLB. He argues that the RLB stomps solely on the brake pedal and...
- Replacing linings - and more. Baxter, John // Overdrive;Mar2012, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p40
The article offers tips on how to replace the linings of truck brake system. It suggests operators to get a service manual from any manufacturer. They are advised to purchase parts with high quality, especially from truck manufacturers. They are also recommended to properly mount the linings on...