Early Morning Ski
- Or Not to Ski. STUBBS, MICHAEL // Idaho Magazine;Aug2014, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p48
The article discusses the experience of skiing to Imogene Lake through the Hell Roaring Creek trail in Idaho. Topics included are the effort of navigating slushy snow dumped by the Pineapple Express weather event, appreciation of the beauty of the Salmon River and Sawtooth National Forest, and...
- THE ICE AGE ON SKIS. Howells, Robert Earle // National Geographic Adventure;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p41
The article offers suggestion on skiing destination Ice Age Trail in Wisconsin. It runs across 1,100 miles among glacial ice with 15,000 lakes and other geological sites. The article informs that the main attraction of the Trail is that it actually makes skiing possible. It also suggests using...
- SKI FOR FREE. Ryan, Leslie // Shape;Jan2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p81
The article presents information on the Winter Trails Day on which nearly 100 ski and outdoor areas in the U.S. will offer free cross-country ski and snowshoe demos and clinics with professional instructors.
- 12 Classic Trails . . . You Can Ski Now. Fry, John // Ski;Feb2007, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p65
The article presents twelve classic North American ski trails, providing the history of each trail and anecdotes about famous skiers.
- Skiing The Appalachian Trail--Get It While It's Cold: Video And Feature. // National Parks Traveler;3/6/2013, p2
The article offers travel and skiing tips for the Appalachian National Scenic Trail located on Roan Mountain in North Carolina.
- East Update. McCarthy, Moira // Ski;Nov2003, Vol. 68 Issue 3, Special Section p10E
Reports on the permission given to the Wachusett Mountain in Massachusetts to proceed with the development of a ski trail in November 2003.
- MY BIG BACKYARD. TONINO, LEATH // Sierra;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p42
The author presents a personal narrative of skiing on Vermont's 300-mile catamount trail.
- THE ALL TIME UNDISPUTED, ABSOLUTE BEST TRAILS. McCarthy, Moira // Ski;Oct2004, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p204
Recommends several skiing trails in east and west U.S., including the Pandemonium at Durango Mountain Resort in Colorado.
- Attitash, N.H. McCarthy, Moira // Ski;Oct2004, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p3E
Provides information on skiing trails in Attitash, New Hampshire.