- On Patrol! Lucas, Bob // New York State Conservationist;Dec2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p29
Presents accounts of the experiences of Environmental Conservation Officers, that are police officers sworn to uphold the laws of New York State with an emphasis on the Environmental Conservation Law. Punishment to an Oswego County resident for possessing a loaded firearm on a motor vehicle;...
- A `cradle to cradle' debate in Congress. Becker, Julie C. // EPA Journal;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p35
Reports on the provisions and implications of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976, a law that serves to control wastes from generation to disposal. Relevance of the legislation; Issues on local landfills; Need to create markets; `Green' advertising; Sham recycling; Recycling of...
- Old business awaits the new team. Byrnes, Patricia // Wilderness (07366477);Spring93, Vol. 56 Issue 200, p4
Lists some of the more important conservation measures that should be acted upon by the 103rd Congress. Includes focus of the legislation, congressional backers and prospects for passage. Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; California Desert Protection Act; Mining Law Reform Legislation; Ancient...
- Statement on House of Representatives Action on the `Conservation and Reinvestment Act.'. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/15/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p1077
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President Bill Clinton on May 11, 2000 which deals with the Conservation and Reinvestment Act.
- Don't waste your chance to shape RCRA. // Environmental Action;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p34
Discusses the short-comings of the 1976 Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, designed as the nation's blueprint for trash. Suggests ways to influence a reform concerning this issue.
- Raising recycling standards. // Environmental Action;Nov/Dec91, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p30
Reports that the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) has done little to promote real resource conservation and recovery. Examples of RCRA's shortcomings; Already inadequate paper purchasing guidelines face further weakening; Involvement of the EPA-funded Recycling Advisory Council...
- A look ahead on legislation. // Environmental Action;Winter93, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p37
Tackles some of the environmental items legislation pending in Congress. Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); Clean Water Act; Endangered Species Act; Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act or Superfund; What constituents can do.
- Paraguay protects its biodiversity. // UNESCO Courier;Mar95, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p40
Reports that a law has been enacted by Paraguay's Congress, committing to conservation nearly 10% of its landmass. Creation of a Conservation Data Center which has helped demonstrate the need to protect the country's rich biodiversity; Plans to establish reserves.
- Corporate officer liability under RCRA: Stringent but not... Barton, David T. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1991, Vol. 1991 Issue 4, p1547
Discusses criminal liability for violations of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) of 1988. Rarity of criminal prosecutions under environmental statutes prior to 1985; Number of RCRA violation indictments made in the United States between 1983 and 1990.