WINONA STATE FOREST: WINTER WONDERLAND
- Trails Supporter Patch. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p28
The article reports on the sale of the Trails Supporters Patch to help protect and enhance the public trail network and promote outdoor recreational activity in New York state. The patch can be purchased for a $5 donation at all sporting license outlets and on the website of the Department of...
- More Than A Campsite. Fitzgerald, Dough; Harrison, Ann // New York State Conservationist;Jun2001, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on camping in the Forest Preserve campgrounds of New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Details on the nature-based programs of the department; Description of a camping trip offered in the programs.
- Outdoor Fun!--Women learn outdoor skills at Becoming an Outdoors-Woman events. Roods, Merycarol // New York State Conservationist;Dec2012, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p14
The author presents a personal narrative of her experience in participating in Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) seminar sponsored by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation on a facility on Lake George, New York.
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2015, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p27
The article offers news briefs related to environmental conservation in New York as of August 1, 2015. A Catskill Interpretive Center has been opened by the Catskill Park and Forest Preserve in Shandaken in Ulster County, New York. Two projects for the protection of wildlife in New York have...
- ACCESS for ALL. Fraser, Carole; Verschoor, Karin // New York State Conservationist;Dec2005, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p26
This article looks at the improvements made by the Department of Environmental Conservation to its outdoor facilities in New York State as of December 2005. The concept of access to the outdoors has been changed by the combination of technology and an awareness of the needs and capabilities of...
- The Many Uses of Carlton Hill. Kiel, David L. // Conservationist;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p16
Features the Carlton Hill Multiple Use Area, an open-space tract of public land administered jointly by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation's division of lands and forests and the bureau of wildlife for a broad spectrum of outdoor activities. Other Multiple Use Areas in the...
- VIRTUAL HUNTING. Jones, Wayne // New York State Conservationist;Aug2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p10
Describes a program launched by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) as of August 2000. Virtual hunting experiences provided to help teach the principles of safe and responsible hunting; Questions frequently asked about hunting; Basic rules of firearms safety taught to...
- GIRLZ 2 WOMEN. Gurnett, Kate // New York State Conservationist;Jun2002, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p6
Provides information on the 'Becoming an Outdoors-Woman' workshop sponsored by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation. Registration fee; Goal of the workshop; Outdoor activities included in the workshop; Comments from participants.
- DEC Camps Changed My Life. Mulverhill, Kirk // New York State Conservationist;Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p28
Reflects on New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Education Youth Summer Camp Program. Activities at the summer camp; Impact of the camp on children; Advantage of the summer camp.