Scenic Oswego County
- Thomas Balsley and collaborators reclaim priceless waterfront formerly lost to industrial use for... Linn, Charles // Architectural Record;Mar2000, Vol. 188 Issue 3, p106
Describes the Gantry Plaza State Park designed by Thomas Balsley Associates and collaborators at a former industrial waterfront in Queens, New York. All-things-for-all-people nature of the public spaces; Patchwork of walks and plantings; Steps and retaining walls; Interpretive garden;...
- Squeezing more ecological value from the SpongeParkâ„¢. Handel, Steven N. // Ecological Restoration;Dec2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p403
The article focuses on the ecological value of the Sponge Parkâ„¢ in Gowanus Canal, New York. It states that among the ecological value of the park include the addition of new space for existing shorebirds and heron species in New York. It also says that the beauty of the park's idea can...
- Reassessing the art of landscape design: Central Park as a case study. Hubbard, William // Architectural Record;Sep1984, Vol. 172 Issue 10, p69
Presents a case study on the landscape design of the Central Park in New York. Perception on Central Park; Concept of design relating to the restoration of Central Park; Features and structure of the scheme proposed for Central Park.
- Amidst the Madding Crowds. // Saturday Evening Post;7/12/1958, Vol. 231 Issue 2, p38
Features the Central Park in Manhattan, New York City. Description of the park's landscape; Number of park areas in the area.
- CONNECTING TO THE NARRATIVE OF PLACE. KILBANE, SIMON; NELDNER, JOSEPHINE; KJAERSGAARD, SARA PADGETT; SIERO, GERARD // Landscape Architecture Australia;Aug2013, Issue 139, p32
The article discusses how Central Park and The High Line park in New York City connect people to the narrative of place. It is said that the parks assist local communities in developing the city's identity. The landscape design of The High Line and Central Park, which were respectively designed...
- The Garden of Hua-Mei. Wiley-Schwartz, Andrew // Places: Forum of Design for the Public Realm;Summer2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p56
The article reports on the efforts of Federico Savini and Anna Magenta to revitalize the Sara Delano Roosevelt Park in New York City. It discusses the bad state of the park and the neighborhood in general before Magenta and Savini started their landscaping project. Savini convinced the Chinese...
- Gantry Plaza State Park Queens, New York. Salvadori, Ilaria // Places: Forum of Design for the Public Realm;Fall2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
The article profiles the Gantry Plaza State Park in Queens, New York, as it sets a standard for New York's waterfront revival, and redefined its neighborhood's image and sense of place. According to the author, the Gantry Plaza was praised for its design qualities and for its success in becoming...
- Gained in Translation. Fortnam, Joanna // Garden Design;Nov/Dec2005, Issue 134, p8
The article comments on the improvements in Battery Park in Manhattan, New York City. It states the role of Piet Oudolf, a master of the New Perennials school of planting design, in the improvements. It describes the receptiveness of gardeners in the U.S. to design ideas from all over the world.
- West 8. BERNSTEIN, FRED A. // Architectural Digest;Sep2012, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p96
The article focuses on Dutch designer Adriaan Geuze, founding partner of the landscape design firm West 8. The article discusses the work of West 8, including the development of a park on Governors Island in New York City, the installation of bridges in Xi'an, China and the Miami Beach...