Take a Hike
- Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail. // Backpacker;Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 8, Trailside p20
Discusses the experience of hiking along the Appalachian Trail. Hikers' physical and mental preparations at Springer Mountain, Georgia; Video journals of hikers after 1,000 miles on foot; Hikers' adjustment to weather conditions along the White Mountains.
- Maine's 100-Mile Wilderness. // Backpacker;Jan2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p31
The article focuses on the attractions offered by Maine's 100-Mile Wilderness to Appalachian Trail, as a hiking destination.
- A Tale of Two Sarahs. Garlick, Sarah // New Moon;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p52
Presents an article about a hiking adventure at the Appalachian Trail in the United States.
- Happy Trails. Burgess, Sarah; Garlick, Sarah // New Moon;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p29
Presents an article about hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- A tale of one trail. Ross, C. // Women's Sports & Fitness;May92, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p32
Describes the author's hike along the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Main e. Hiking conditions; Dealing with rain, loneliness; What she gained from the experience. INSET: Three-day getaways, by T. Mueller.;Food for the long haul, by....
- You go ahead, I'll be a few more years. Morrissey, Laurie Dougal // Country Journal;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p7
Presents information on hiking in the Appalachian trail. Length of trail in miles; Availability of section hikes in 10-, 20-, and 200-mile lengths; Availability of trail planning and advice for section hikers; Contact information.
- Peak hoppers. Csatari, Jeff // Boys' Life;Jul95, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p16
Recounts the hiking experiences of Scout Troop 311 of West Swanzey, New Hampshire on the Appalachian Trail. Water wonderland in the woods; Fifty-mile hike in the White Mountains; Start of the hike; Spectacular view along the trail; Conquering Mount Lafayette and Mount Garfield. INSETS:...
- Alpine hiking in New Hampshire. // Backpacker;Jun94, Vol. 22 Issue 5, Trailside p16
Describes the experience of alpine hiking in New Hampshire. Hiking the Appalachian trail; Required gear for the activity. INSET: White Mountain facts..
- For love of movement. Budd, L. // Backpacker;Mar1989, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p40
The author recounts his experiences hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, the Appalachian Trail and the Continental Divide Trail in successive years. INSET: Hiking clubs, by C. Ross..