Intravenous N-acetylcysteine prevented contrast nephropathy
- Lipitor. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Jun2008, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the research, published in the "Journal of the American College of Cardiology," about the cardiovascular benefits from the treatment of patients suffering from chronic kidney disease with Pfizer's Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium). It showed that Lipitor may provide greater...
- Intravenous N-acetylcysteine prevented contrast
nephropathy: COMMENTARY. Barrett, Brendan // ACP Journal Club;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 140 Issue 1, p16
This article focuses on a study regarding a rapid protocol for the prevention of contrast-induced renal dysfunction, published in the 2003 issue of "Journal of the American College of Cardiology." Prevention of contrast nephropathy is important for patients who are at risk because the...
- MINDSTRETCHER: NAC AND CIN IN CORONARY ANGIOGRAPHY. // Bandolier;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
The article reviews studies on contrast-induced nephropathy (CIN) and N-acetylcysteine (NAC) in coronary angiography. The trials found varied in size, creatinine concentrations for inclusion, the volume of contrast medium and the dosing regimen of NAC. A PubMed search identified trials that used...
- Atorvastatin lowers LDL cholesterol levels. // Modern Medicine;Nov98, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p45
Presents an abstract of the study `Treating Patients With Documented Atherosclerosis to National Cholesterol Education Program-Recommended Low-Density-Lipoprotein Cholesterol Goals With Atorvastin, Fluvastatin, Lovastatin and Simvastatin,' by A. S. Brown, R. G. Bakker-Arkema, L. Yellen, et al...
- Digoxin called a `win-win' proposition for stable CHF patients. // Geriatrics;Oct95, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p56
Presents an abstract of `Economic Outcomes of Withdrawal of Digoxin Therapy in Adult Patients With Stable Congestive Heart Failure,' by R.E. Ward, M. Gheorghiade, J.B. Young et al, published in the `Journal of the American College Cardiology.'
- Metabolically Healthy Obesity, Fitness, and Prognosis. Lavie, Carl J.; Archer, Edward; Shook, Robin P.; Blair, Steven N. // Ochsner Journal;Summer2015, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p122
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the research letter "The natural course of healthy obesity over 20 years" by J. A. Bell and colleagues in the January 2015 issue of Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- Risk of Mural Thrombus After a Brief Period of Atrial Fibrillation. Miller, Karl // American Family Physician;6/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p3211
Presents a summary of the article `Left Atrial Mechanical Function After Brief Duration Atrial Fibrillation,' by P. B. Sparks, published in the February 1999 issue of the `Journal of the American College of Cardiology.'
- ANGIOGRAPHY, ABDOMEN // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2006, p69
Angiography allows x-ray visualization of the large and small arteries, veins, and associated branches of the abdominal vasculature and organ parenchyma after contrast-medium injection. This visualization is accomplished by the injection of contrast medium through a catheter, which most commonly...
- ANGIOGRAPHY, ADRENAL // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2006, p74
Adrenal angiography evaluates adrenal dysfunction by allowing x-ray visualization of the large and small arteries of the adrenal gland vasculature and parenchyma. This visualization is accomplished by the injection of contrast medium through a catheter that has been inserted into the femoral...