Review: Low-dose diuretics are the best first-line antihypertensive therapy: COMMENTARY
- clopamide. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p161
The article presents information on clopamide, a thiazide diuretic which can be used as an antihypertensive in conjunction with. Administration is oral.
- metolazone. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p360
The article provides information on metolazone, a thiazide-like diuretic that can be used as an antihypertensive, either alone or in conjunction with other types of drugs, and also in the treatment of oedema. The drug is administered orally.
- An update on the new drugs your dispensing now. Rodman, Morton J. // RN;May84, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p83
Highlights the developments in drug therapy. Cardiovascular drugs; Antihypertensive agents; Diuretics.
- torsemide. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th edition;2005, p1047
Provides information on the antihypertensive and loop diuretic torsemide. Therapeutic indications; Mechanism of action; Pharmacokinetic characteristics; Contraindications and precautions; Adverse reactions and side effects.
- Duirectics are first choice for hypertension. Reznik, Jeffrey; Newton, Warren // Journal of Family Practice;Sep2003, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p664
The article focuses on the use of diuretics in patients with hypertension. Low-dose diuretics are considered equal or superior to all other major classes of antihypertensive medications in improving long-term cardiovascular outcomes. Clinicians should use low-dose diuretics as a first choice for...
- fenoldopam. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 10th edition;2007, p510
This article presents a nursing guide to the antihypertensive agent fenoldopam. Drug information provided includes pharmacokinetics, contraindications or precautions, adverse reactions or side effects, interactions, route or dosage, and availability. Corlopam is a popular brand of the drug....
- Triapin. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p545
The article provides information on triapin, an antihypertensive drug. It is available as tablets in two strengths.
- Physicians must individualize hypertension treatment. Zablocki, Elaine // Managed Healthcare Executive;May2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p52
Reports on the need to individualize the treatment for hypertension. Different classes of drugs that control hypertension; Advantage of diuretics over calcium channel blocker, and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor; Efficacy of ACE inhibitors in hypertensive patients with left...
- Amlodipine plus perindopril was better than atenolol plus bendroflumethiazide for reducing complications in hypertension. Dahlöf, B.; Sever, P. S.; Poulter, N. R. // Evidence Based Medicine;Apr2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p42
The article focuses on the results of a study to determine whether amlodipine plus perindopril is more effective than atenolol plus bendroflumethiazide for reducing cardiovascular outcomes in patients with cardiovascular diseases. Amlodipine plus perindopril was better at reducing mortality,...