WHERE THEY OVERLAP: SAFETY & SECURITY
- fruitful safety tips. Biars, Lee // Food & Drink;Fall2008, p12
The article offers food safety information to foodservice operators. It provides tips to prevent or reduce the risk of foodborne-illness outbreak in their establishments. It also cites their liability as end-line manufacturer of contaminated food once consumed by the customers.
- Safety All Year. Biars, Lee // Food & Drink;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on the significance of the National Food Safety Education Month in the U.S. for the food service industry and explores the food safety practices that food service staff should follow religiously. The special month is celebrated every September. It emphasizes the importance of...
- Taking the Measure of the Market. Lawn, John // Food Management;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p42
The article presents an update on the trends that will drive onsite business decisions in noncommercial foodservice operations in the U.S. in 2007. Financial constraints are expected to put pressure on operators. Health and wellness concerns will be reflected in local wellness policies governing...
- Contamination conundrum. Holaday, Susan // Nation's Restaurant News;1/29/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p48
The article focuses on the proposed food-safety solutions of the U.S. restaurant industry to counter a recent series of damaging illness outbreaks. It could be noted that the country's Department of Agriculture approved the fruits and vegetables importation designed to reduce the risk. These...
- Direct contamination. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p94
An encyclopedia entry for "direct contamination" in the context of food safety is presented. This refers to a route of contamination passing direct from the contaminating agent to the food. Examples of direct contamination are hand contamination of food and the dripping of contaminated fluid...
- AT WINTER OLYMPICS: Interns train with Compass. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the culinary arts interns of Compass Group, North America involved in the preparation of the contractor for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games at Salt Lake City, Utah. Food service of Compass for the athletes and sports officials; Importance of the help of the interns; Benefits of the...
- Compass assigned to cover the Pentagon through NEXCOM. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p18
Presents information on the contract awarded to Compass Group North America by the United States Naval exchange Services Command, to manage the foodservice program at the Pentagon in Virginia. Value of the contract; Installation of food courts on Navy bases.
- Compass inks 10-year pact with Naval Exchange Service Command. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the entry of Compass Group North America into the military foodservice market. Company's signing of a ten-year agreement with the Naval Exchange Service Command; Value of the deal; Locations of the US bases included in the contract.
- Of Employee-Award Initiative: Be-A-Star enters third year. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p26
Details the To-Be-A-Star 2000 recognition program for qualified employees of the food service industry of the Compass Group, North American Division. Purpose of the award; How to earn the award; Five major business initiatives that represent each star.