A perfect fit for campus
- Platform for Diversity. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p68
The article focuses on the Mediterranean dining program at Stanford University in California. Rafi Taherian of Stanford Dining and its staff have worked hard to make sure that this diversity is reflected in the food offerings, to put cooking in its cultural context. The university has three...
- Maharishi University's All-Veg Campus Dining. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;5/29/2012, p2
The article states that every meal at Maharishi University in Fairfield, Iowa is vegetarian and organic.
- Meeting multiple requests. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p106
Reveals the efforts of foodservices in schools in the United States to offer varied menus to school children. Examples of ethnic cuisines at the Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont; Description on vegetarian pizza; Vegetarian population at the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
- Lowfat, vegan growing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the inclusion of lowfat and vegan selections in vegetarian offerings in university campuses in the United States. Vegetarian selections at Penn State University in University Park, Boston College in Massachusetts, University of San Diego in California and Duke University. INSET:...
- Vegetarian recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p130
Presents several vegetarian recipes used by several college food facilities in the United States. Includes Haiku School's Veggie Chili; University of California-Santa Barbara's Black Bean Chili; Michigan State University's Vegetarian Vegetable Soup; Henderson County School's Brown Rice Pilaf.
- Vegetarian On-the-Go. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p93
Reports the growth trend and profitability of vegetarian entrees on non-commercial cafeteria menus in the United States. Percentage of hospitals that serve vegetarian entrees; Number of school lunchrooms that serve vegetable dishes; Variety of vegetarian entrees served at Indiana University...
- Defining the vegetarian. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p132
Highlights the popular vegetarian selections in United States colleges and universities. Includes mushroom burgers; Chili-baked potatoes; Steam vegetables; Hummus and chick peas; Potato-based vegetarian pot pie casserole; Vegetarian pizza; Saffron flavorings; Basmati rice; Burritos; Vegetarian...
- Colby College Goes Local. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the availability of locally produced vegetables at one of the salad bars at Colby College in Waterville, Maine. The program came as a response to repeated requests from students for local produce. Varun Avasthi, director of dining services and district manager for Sodexho...
- Sailing the Mediterranean. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p32
The article probes into the emerging trend of using Mediterranean cuisine among food service operators to promote healthful dining. The cuisine is characterized by the use of olive and vegetable oils and the high consumption of fruits, vegetables, bread and other cereals, grains, potatoes,...