ASSOCIATION HEADS WEIGH IN: Customer focus looms as key to success in 2004
- FROM GRASSROOTS TO NATL. FORUM: ASFSA bolsters stand on elimination of reduced-price meals, education link. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p10
Presents information on the annual conference of the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) held in Reno, Nevada in July 2003. Topics discussed at the conference, including the elimination of reduced-price meals and childhood obesity; Goals pursued by the association in developing a...
- FROM 9 TO 6: NACUFS' new regional structure will 'help us reach out,' says Napolitano. // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p12
Relates the consolidation of the geographic regions of the membership of the National Association of College and University Food Services. Regions which retained its position under the terms of the consolidation; Advantages of the consolidation according to association president Pete...
- ISPA OFFICIAL SPA DEFINITION. Kohl, Jeff // Spa Management;Sep2004, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p56
Focuses on a consumer-geared definition of spa announced by the International Spa Association. Details of how the definition was created; Revisions made to the original definition.
- A COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION FRAMEWORK FOR MENTAL HEALTH CONSUMER/SURVIVOR ORGANIZATIONS: VALUES, CONCEPTUALIZATION, DESIGN, AND ACTION. Nelson, Geoffrey; Ochocka, Joanna; Janzen, Rich; Trainor, John; Lauzon, Shawn // Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation;2004 Special Issue, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p29
This article provides a framework for the evaluation of mental health consumer/survivor organizations that consists of four main components: (a) participatory processes, (b) conceptualization of the activities and outcomes at the individual and systems levels of these organizations, (c) the...
- Improving Communication. Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p50
The article reports that a change in the corporate human resources (HR) recruiting team at Emory Hospitals in Atlanta, Georgia, has improved communication and led to more proactive recruitment and retention efforts, with better results. According to Lynne Ometer, Emory's director of food and...
- NEW APPOINTMENTS AT OPEN DOOR. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/22/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 29, p23
The article announces several appointment in Open Door Foundation, which include chairman Mike Curry, and board members David Swope and Barbara Gilbert.
- Making the Grade. Thompson, Maureen // ASHA Leader;1/20/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's (ASHA) 2003 Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Report Card, a tool to assist consumers in rating their health plans. Criteria for comparing health plans; Only information most consumers receive from their health plan; Web site...
- IN BRIEF. // Health Facilities Management;Jan2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
Presents news briefs regarding guidelines and reports from different agencies and associations in the U.S. Web site of the free, consumer oriented online directory of U.S. hospitals; Price of the "Guidelines for the Design of Energy-Efficient Roof Systems," produced by the National Roofing...
- Healthier food claims. // Consumer Policy Review;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p153
Reports on the acceptance by the Consumers' Association of European Commission proposals on the use of nutrition and health claims on food products as a key victory for consumers. Benefits of the proposals; Requirements of the proposals.