USDA NAMES NEW F/S OFFICIAL: Coler joins Bost staff
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/18/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p20
Reports on developments related to food service management in the United States as of June 18, 2001. Appointment of Eric Bost as undersecretary for the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services.
- Some Questions for Undersecretary Bost. Lawn, John // Food Management;Aug2001, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p8
Posts some questions on child nutrition and food quality to Eric Bost, Undersecretary for the United States Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Services division. Concerns regarding school's increasing dependence on the sale of food and snacks that directly compete with National...
- Open Arms. Kersten, Denise // Government Executive;7/1/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p29
This article focuses on the makeover of the food stamps. Eric Bost, the Agriculture Department's undersecretary for food, nutrition and consumer services, wants to give food stamps a makeover. Stereotypes of drug addicts trading the stamps for a fix, or recipients cruising in Cadilacs are all...
- USDA Names New FNS Head. // Food Management;Aug2001, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the appointment of Eric Bost as the Undersecretary of the Food and Nutrition Services division of the United States Department of Agriculture. Work experience of Bost in the government; Programs to improve agricultural productivity and food-safety standards in schools in the U.S.
- MAKING FOOD STAMPS FAMILY-FRIENDLY. Hegland, Corine // National Journal;1/3/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p42
Discusses the food stamp program in the U.S. Views of Kate Coler, deputy undersecretary for food, nutrition and consumer services at the U.S. Department of Agriculture on the food stamp program; Complexities in food stamp applications and recertifications; Changes in food stamps application...
- The Healthy Palate. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p78
The article reviews the DVD "The Healthy Palate" from the Culinary Institute of America.
- Hypothetically Healthy Snacking Trend. // Food Management;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p52
The article discusses the trend in providing healthy snacks in the U.S. According to the International Dairy-Deli-Bakery Association (IDDBA), more Americans are wishing to eat healthier snacks. A study show that respondents have exhibited a great demand for snack foods that are low in fats and...
- Committee on Food Nutrition. // Journal of AOAC International;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p371
Reports updates involving the committee on food nutrition in the U.S. Lists of members in the committee; Program of activities of the committee; Presentation of studies on topics aforementioned.
- Daniel Allen relishes the idea of protected mealtimes on March 4. Allen, Daniel // Nursing Standard;1/28/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the National Protected Mealtimes Day, the brainchild of the Hospital Caterers Association on March 4, 2004 in Great Britain. Association's campaign to guarantee protected time for patients to enjoy their food; Importance of nutrition.