A NUTRITION-BASED APPROACH TO: OBESITY PREVENTION
- OBESITY: FROM A HEALTH ISSUE TO A POLITICAL AND POLICY ISSUE. Tao, Hong // Online Journal of Issues in Nursing;2005, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p23
The article focuses on obesity that has sharply increased in the American population. It has been over half a century since obesity has been linked to cardiovascular disease, and over thirty years since it was identified as the most important nutritional disease in affluent countries. Over nine...
- Cardiovascular Health Metrics and Accelerometer-Measured Physical Activity Levels: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2003-2006. Barreira, Tiago V.; Harrington, Deirdre M.; Katzmarzyk, Peter T. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jan2014, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p81
Objective: To determine whether relationships exist between accelerometer-measured moderate-tovigorous physical activity (MVPA) and other cardiovascular (CV) health metrics in a large sample. Patients and Methods: Data from the 2003-2006 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)...
- Risk for disability increased in older obese population. Haigh, Christen // Endocrine Today;1/10/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p38
This article discusses research being done on the changing relationship of obesity and disability. It references a study by D. E. Alley and V. W. Chang, published in a 2007 issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association." The researchers examined data from adults enrolled in the...
- Prevalence of Obesity* Among Adults Aged â‰¥20 Years, by Race/Ethnicity and Sex -- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, United States, 2009--2010. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;2/24/2012, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p130
A chart is presented that shows the results of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey of the prevalence of obesity among adults aged 20 years and above in the U.S. during 2009-2010, by race/ethnicity and gender.
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1544
An encyclopedia entry for "National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey" in the U.S. is presented.
- Older adults are reading those nutrition labels. // Research Review (International Council on Active Aging);Feb2014, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that the diet quality among adults ages 20 years or older improved and the use of nutrition information increased according to a study which tracked the eating patterns of Americans between 2005-2010 using data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
- Adults with disabilities at higher risk for obesity. // Endocrine Today;Aug2013, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p26
The article reports on a National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey which found that obesity and excessive obesity are more prevalent in adults with disabilities.
- NHANES. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1584
An encyclopedia entry for the acronym "NHANES," which stands for National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, is presented.
- Research Roundup. // Environmental Nutrition;Aug2009, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p8
The article offers news briefs related to food health and nutrition in the U.S. It notes the discovery of researchers on the health benefit of walnuts in improving the cognitive and motor functions. It mentions the decline of the healthy lifestyle of American people as shown in the data from the...