WITH FULL MANAGEMENT SUPPORT: Room service helps RWJ upgrade patient feeding
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.
- FOOD QUALITY UP, COSTS DOWN: BAYSTATE DOES ROOM SVC. // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the move of Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts to offer room service. Effect of the project on patient satisfaction; Processes involved from ordering up to delivery of the food; Menus served; Modes of payment available.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES. Carillo, Diane // Health Facilities Management;Jul2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p53
The article discusses the actions taken by the Environmental Services department of the Stony Brook University Hospital in New York, to improve its patient satisfaction scores. The senior administration was committed to returning to the model of a dedicated support services division. Structured...
- The Room Service Menu. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
This article presents way to achieve menu success with a room service program in a hospital. Room service allows hospitals to broaden the menu choices available to patients. The key component is customization, it is important to personalize the menu to the patient before they ever see it....
- Room Service Refined. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p52
The article offers information on the increasing trend of room service among hospitals in the U.S. as it is said to provide patient satisfaction and improved food quality service. It mentions that the new service being implemented among hospitals has also helped staff give each patient a better...
- Room Service Culture Change. Eisenberg, Eric // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p33
The article provides tips on how to convert patient dining program to room service to improve patient satisfaction in hospitals. It suggests to recruit new staff from the world outside healthcare and those who will understand the shift of culture. It also highlights the benefits of bringing new...
- Get Out the China. Dalton, Aaron // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2005, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the establishment of a gourmet room service by the Medical City hospital in Dallas, Texas. Reason behind the establishment of the service; Financial benefits of the service to the hospital; Increase in the satisfaction of patients with the room service.
- In This Issue: Risk and Care Management. Stange, Kurt C. // Annals of Family Medicine;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p386
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Elizabeth A. Bayliss on barriers to self management of chronic diseases and another by Michelle Howard on patient satisfaction with after-hours care.
- RWJ Hamilton wins Baldrige. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;11/29/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p4
Reports that healthcare provider Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJ) at Hamilton, New Jersey has won the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award in 2004. Percentage of patient satisfaction achieved by RWJ Hamilton in its emergency department in 2004; Information on the 15/30 program...