SECONDARY PARTICIPATION SPIKES: Promos boost Houston sales
- Cypress salads a big hit. // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
This article reports on the increase in salad consumption in cafeterias at Cypress-Fairbanks Unified School District. Food service director Matthew Morgan says the district served approximately 2,000 salads per day before the new salads were added, but by the end of the year, it was averaging 3,500.
- Indispensable menu item. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p52
Discusses the indispensability of beef in the U.S. school foodservice sector despite mad cow concerns. Favorite food products of children with beef; Appeal of tacos to schoolchildren; Persistence of beef-filled casseroles on menus.
- Districts Taking Healthy Strides. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Discusses the progress that school cafeterias are making in offering nutritious foods to students in the U.S. Percentage of school meals that are served a la carte; Healthy foods that are offered by the Washington County public schools; Information on the strategies implemented by some...
- Food, Design Draw Students. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the opening of a food court at Grassfield High School in the Chesapeake School District in Virginia. The food court, which will be named this semester through a student competition that is designed to give the students some ownership, offers eight stations, whose names...
- IN BETHLEHEM, PA: Broader menu, snacks help schools build sales, participation. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p36
Focuses on the increase in menu selections in the Bethlehem Area School District in Pennsylvania which strengthened food service sales and customer participation. Daily entrees available to students; Availability of snack stations in the secondary school cafeterias; Role of on-site food...
- Diversity Runs DEEP. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on developing diversity in menu planning in the United States. Introduction of international menu series in school food service; Value of acknowledging diversity as a business resource; Development of in-house diversity initiative by Sodexho Marriott Services. INSET: Diversity: A Green...
- Twitter feed. // Governors (DfES Publications);Fall2009, p4
The article reports on the move of Somerset, England-based schools to post their updates on lunch menus at Twitter.
- SCHOOL MENUS. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/14/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 41, pA5
The article offers information on the Sandwich Bar daily school menu from October 7 to 22, 2010 including ham and cheese sandwiches, hot dog with chili and cheese, and cereal with toast and juice.
- Keeping Up With the New School. // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p73
Features Palm Coast High School Cafeteria at Flagler County Schools in Daytona Beach, Florida. Design elements; Results; Seating; Staff; School enrollment; Average daily reimbursable lunches sold; Average daily a la carte sales; Reimbursable lunch stations; Opening; Cost.