- AFTER EUPHORIA. Peretz, Martin // New Republic;10/4/93, Vol. 209 Issue 14, p20
Focuses on the peace agreement between the Israeli government and Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) leader Yasir Arafat. Motivation of the Israeli government for entering into an agreement with the PLO; Role of the U.S. in the peace process; Israel's reasons for entering a negotiation...
- A juggler par excellence. Ajami, Fouad // U.S. News & World Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 17, p76
Profiles Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat. Arafat's betrayal of his people's hopes; Discussion of Hajj Amin al-Husseini, the mufti of Jerusalem, who used terror as a weapon like Arafat; Indulgence of Arafat by world leaders, who assisted him in hopes he would help to bring peace; Efforts of...
- ARAFAT'S BURDEN. Rubin, Barry; Rubin, Judith Colp // New Republic;10/4/93, Vol. 209 Issue 14, p16
Analyzes the need for the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and its leader, Yasir Arafat, to make peace with Palestinians after making peace with Israel. Arafat's reasons for making peace with Israel after years of supporting actions against the country; Obstacles facing the PLO and Arafat...
- ON THE ROAD. Walzer, Michael // New Republic;10/4/93, Vol. 209 Issue 14, p22
Comments on the peace agreement between the Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). Critics' reasons for branding the agreement as undemocratic; Speculations on PLO leader Yasir Arafat's reasons for signing the agreement; Challenges in implementing the agreement amidst a violent...
- PIECING TOGETHER THE PEACE. // Middle East;Dec2000, Issue 307, p4
No abstract available.
- An Israeli-PLO summit ended. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; MacLachlan, Suzanne L. // Christian Science Monitor;2/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 53, p2
Reports the end of Israel-PLO meeting. Comments of officials on the outcome of the summit; Comments of the PLO leader Arafat and the Israeli Prime Minister Rabin.
- HALF-BAKERED. Indyk, Martin // New Republic;5/27/91, Vol. 204 Issue 21, p8
Focuses on the setbacks of the plan of the administration of U.S. President George Bush to put an end to the Arab-Israeli conflict. Role of Saudi Arabia in the American strategy to reshape the political environment for Arab-Israeli peacemaking; Impact of the negative interplay of Arab politics...
- On Arafat. Peres, Shimon // Caribbean Business;11/18/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p24
No abstract available.
- Waiting. Peretz, Martin // New Republic;7/18/94-7/25/94, Vol. 211 Issue 3/4, p50
Describes the situations in Palestine as of July 18, 1994. Peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian Liberation Organization headed by Yasir Arafat; Absence of forces and checkpoints in Jericho; Social and political divide among Palestinians; Attitude of Palestinians toward Israelis.