- Time to tackle taboos over clients' sexual needs. McMillan, Ian // Learning Disability Practice;Jul2008, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the sexual frustrations of people with learning disabilities, which was discussed by community nurse Jez Shea in the National Network for Learning Disabilities, held in June 2008. Shea pointed out that not providing guidance to the learning disabled on topics of a sexual...
- LEARN FROM OUR PAST MISTAKES. Henley, Charles // Community Care;2/28/2002, Issue 1411, p21
Analyzes the Valuing People strategy in Great Britain, which aims to apply methods by which people with learning difficulties can be helped to maximize their use of community resources. Reason for the failure to develop a cohesive national day care strategy; View of idealists on specialist...
- Psychiatric services for people with learning disabilities. Reid, Andrew H. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/17/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6994, p1549
Discusses the need for comprehensive psychiatric service for people with learning disabilities in Great Britain. Problems of containment and public safety; Learning disability teams in communities; Accessibility to specialist day hospitals.
- Untitled. // Learning Disability Practice;Jul2008, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p5
The article offers information on the arts project titled "Words are My Prisoner," for people with learning disabilities, to be run by the Carrowbeg Theater in Westport.
- Learning disabilities. // Diversity in Health & Social Care;2006, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p305
The article provides information on the guidelines entitled "This is what we want," created by the Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities to help Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) become more inclusive for young people with learning disabilities.
- Valuing People Now…coming soon, we hope. Snell, Janet // Learning Disability Today;Nov2008, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p5
The author comments on the announcement by British Minister of State Phil Hope that the publication of the final Valuing Now Report, a government's plan for making the lives of people with learning disabilities and their families better, has been delayed to give him and his team enough time to...
- The challenges of running a learning disability service in a Scottish prison. Docherty, Gary // Learning Disability Practice;Mar2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses the difficulties experienced by prison staff and offenders when an inmate is identified with having a learning disability or difficulty. A learning disability service was established in a Scottish prison to find a way of determining whether an offender has a learning...
- Dangerous liaisons. Maxted, Fay // Learning Disability Practice;Apr2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
The article presents a letter to the editor discussing the article "Friendship, Romance, and Possibly More," by Chris Jones published in the March 2009 edition.
- Individuals have 'right' to diagnosis. McMillan, Ian // Learning Disability Practice;Oct2003, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p4
Identifying the condition that has caused an individual's learning disabilities can represent a vital step in helping that person's parent's start making realistic plans for the future. That was the message delivered to around 200 delegates attending British Institute of Learning Disabilities's...