Reflections on good design
- hot sheet. Spector, Sam // Out;May2004, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p104
Features several products. Amigos Sunlounger by Fiam Italia; Cordless phones by Uniden; Replacement Stud leather sandals by Kenneth Cole; Seaweed aftershave gel by Enessa.
- GLASS BRIEF. // Glass Age;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p5
Reports on developments in the glass industry in Great Britain, compiled as of February 2003. Partnership between Tamglass Ltd. and Bavelloni; Summary of annual changes to the industry-wide database of British fabricators and installers; Accreditation of Glass Technology Services.
- GLASS BRIEF. // Glass Age;May2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p5
Reports on developments in the glass industry in Great Britain for the period ended May 2003. Bohle's supply of a second fully automatic horizontal glass drilling machine to Schott Desag, a manufacturer of special glass; Value of business written by fabricator Business Micros March 2003.
- EN1279: WHAT'S NEXT? Sellman, Richard // Glass Age;May2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on Parts I and 6 of the EN1279, the European standards for the glass industry. Requirement to IGU manufacturers to set up a system description which defines the composition of their products; Need for the Factory Production Control System.
- TRANSPORT & HANDLING. // Glass Age;May2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p92
Reports on developments in transport and handling in the glass industry in Great Britain for the period ended May 2003. Rehau fabricator Interframe's upgrading of its transport fleet with investments in vehicles; Euro-tech's offer of solutions to all kinds of vacuum handling, lifting and...
- Glass menagerie. Revi, A. Christian // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jan1996, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p6
Questions the maker of Frank Chiarenza's dolphin-footed, blue glass covered dish and the glass basket. Chiarenza's statements.
- Activated fixed-bed catalysts offer large potential savings. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p32
Presents an abstract of an article which appeared on the 1996 issue of `Process Engineering' periodical on the development of a second phase of a computer-aided process planning and estimating (CAPPE) system to speed glass production.
- 'Glass Valley' perfects perfume-bottle creation. Mohan, Anne Marie // Packaging Digest;Feb2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on glassmaking activities in the Bresle River Valley in France. History of glassmaking in the region; Number of bottles produced in the valley per year; Procedure of making bottles at Saint-Gobain Desjonqueres.
- Advanced and specialty glasses continue to grow. Abraham, Thomas // Ceramic Industry;Aug96, Vol. 146 Issue 9, p46
Reports on the growth of the market for advanced and specialty glasses in the United States. Range of applications for advanced and specialty glasses; North American markets; Foreign competition. INSET: Strong growth in optical fiber..