Young at heart
- Competitive edge. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;10/09/98, Issue 5109, p16
Features Browns of York, a furniture retailer in England. Opening of Marks & Spencer's first dedicated Home store; Pride in Browns' department store ethos based around customer service; Sale policy; Types of furniture popular among customers.
- Browns of York discontinues housewares. // Housewares;Jul2008, Issue 215, p7
The article reports on the closure of the first floor cookshop of Browns department store to focus more on ladies' fashion concept in York, England in August 2008. Chairman Nicholas Brown explains that the primary reason of the closure is because of too much competition particularly from...
- Orlick replaces Kier as CEO of Fortunoff. // Furniture/Today;5/8/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p48
The article reports that Arnold Orlick has been named CEO of Fortunoff company. Orlick is the former chairman and CEO of the Rich's/Lazarus/Goldsmith's division of Federated Department Stores Inc. Orlick will replace Joel Kier, chairman of Kier Group company and director of Fortunoff, who became...
- Department stores revert to cash cow. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p43
Discusses changes in department stores selling furniture in the U.S. Decline in stores selling furniture; Decrease in furniture sales; Creation of free-standing gallery store formats to sell furniture.
- Beatties' furniture 'theatre'. // Cabinet Maker;06/25/99, Issue 5143, p5
Details the plan of department store group Beatties to reintroduce furniture to its Wolverhampton branch in 1999.
- Allders increases margins. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/99, Issue 5167, p4
Reports that department store chain Allders has increased its gross margins on furniture by 0.3% in 1999.
- Beale set to add AIS ranges. // Cabinet Maker;3/29/2002, Issue 5280, p3
Reports the plans of the Beale department store chain to introduce AIS sourced product ranges. Comment of merchandise director Tim Rathbone on the management of floorspace allocation; Allocation of space for different furniture stocks.
- Department store to open dedicated furniture outlet. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/03/98, Issue 5082, p6
Reports that Camp Hopson department store has been scheduled to open a furniture store in Newbury, England, on April 11, 1998. Features of the store; Camp Hopson's furniture offerings; Target markets.
- Co-op. // Cabinet Maker;01/15/99, Issue 5121, p10
Relates the author's experiences in shopping for pine bedroom furniture at the first floor department store of the Coventry and East Mersey Co-operative Society in England.