Undercover in Barnstaple
- Programme change. Pridham, Elspeth // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2002, Issue 5296, p12
Describes trends in the British furniture industry. Increase in the demand for occasional furniture; Factors considered by consumers in purchasing furniture; Salability of rattan occasional pieces.
- Function finds favour in the flexible living room. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p12
Focuses on the living room furniture category at The Furniture Awards 2002. Growth of functional furniture trend; Details on the functionality furniture offered by La-Z-Boy; Description of Network extending corner bookcase by Moris Furniture; Information on the Furniture Awards 2002.
- Innovation defines motion. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;10/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p34
Reports on innovative designs on a wide array of products that were introduced at the October 2003 High Point furniture market in North Carolina. Motion sofas and sectionals with contemporary styling; Faux suede covers; Chaises. INSET: Motion directions.
- Living room. // Cabinet Maker;11/4/2005, Issue 5463, p12
Introduces several living room furniture from various furniture retailers in Great Britain. Decorative acrylic screen from Janmilne; Description of Naughtone's Plus storage unit; Features of YP Furniture's television dinner table.
- Great expectations. Jordan, Anne // Cabinet Maker;02/05/99, Issue 5124, p14
Describes several sofabeds introduced by British furniture manufacturers. Parker Knoll's contemporary sofabeds; Richard Henry Furnishings' emphasis on sofa comfort; Carters of Kidderminster's offer of superior metal action mechanism; International Model Selection's launching of its sofabeds;...
- Small sofas hold their own. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;11/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that loveseats or small sofas are alive and popular with consumers, although they are not always displayed on retail floors in the U.S. According to the author, loveseat sales are strong despite of fewer sofa/love seat combinations being shown in store room settings. The...
- Occasional offerings abound. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;2/5/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p57
The author reports that the exhibition put up by the furniture manufactures in Las Vegas was packed with stylish lounge furniture. An overview of the several convertible table designs exhibited by the major furniture manufactures is presented. The prices offered by the retailers is also...
- Amy McCawley. Wadyka, Sally // Real Simple;Jan2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p29
The article presents information on Amy McCawley, owner of the retail store The Livable Home in Denver, Colorado. She sells sofas, chairs, and other things made from fabrics, which are suitable for pets and little children. The materials, she uses are stain and soil resistant, odor- repellent...
- Awesome ottomans. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;8/9/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p18
Highlights trends in ottomans and sofas in the United States. Natuzzi's Nomad collection; Elite Leather's coffee table ottoman; Craftsmen leather by Stickley; American Leather's Uno box seats; Classic Leather's leather ottoman cubes; Decor-Rest's leather ottoman.