Putting 2004 in focus
- High hopes for Ikea in Stockport. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p6
Reports on the expansion plans of the furniture retailer Ikea AB in England. Support of the proposal by the Stockport Council; Appeal of the company on the decision of John Prescott; Ability of the company to create jobs.
- Ikea opening in Brooklyn. // Furniture/Today;4/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
The article reports that Ikea AB will open a 346,000-square-foot store, the 35th U.S. store for the Sweden-based Top 100 company. The store will include 50 room settings, three model home interiors, a supervised children's play area, and a 450-seat restaurant, with views of the lower Manhattan...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/5/2002, Issue 5294, p3
Presents news briefs on the furniture industry, as of July 15, 2002. Plans of Ikea for a distribution center in Suffolk County, New York; Store of Dreams in Essex, England; Rule on the import of Indonesian logs in Malaysia.
- Ikea continues to fill in key U.S. markets. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;8/1/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p6
Discusses the growth of Sweden-based specialty home furnishings retailer Ikea in the United States. Stores in Atlanta, Georgia, and Dallas, Texas; Target market in Austin, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio; Denver, Colorado; Saint Louis, Missouri;...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2008, Issue 5578, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. The Budget Submission 2008 made by the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC) requested that the government decrease Â£3.4 billion worth of extra taxes on businesses. Furniture industry business consultant UKFirst...
- Taking it on the chintz. // Brand Strategy;May2008, Issue 222, p12
The article focuses on the expansion plan and marketing strategies of furniture firm Ikea AB. According to Anders Dahlvig, chief executive of the company, the downturn in the housing market has hit flatpack furniture sales in the U.S., Great Britain, and Germany. The company's strategy of...
- Ikea finds a home in Brooklyn. Racine, Theresa // New York Amsterdam News;10/31/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the launch of a store of furniture manufacturing company Ikea AB in New York City, New York. Estimated number of jobs created by the store; Proposal of the company to solve traffic problems due to its store's location; Plans of the company to expand its store.
- Green light for Ikea in Glasgow. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p2
Reports on the Scotland government's approval of Ikea's proposal to open a furniture store in Glasgow.
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p31
Presents news briefs of interest to furniture retailers as of June 20, 2003. Environmental protection campaign of Ikea's Canadian staff; British councilors' demand for outgoing mayors to pay the full price of their office furniture.