JLP sales comeback
- Furniture sales lead John Lewis growth. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;6/2/2006, Issue 5490, p5
The article reports on the increase in furniture sales at British retailer John Lewis as of April 30, 2006. An increase in the sales of non-food products was also posted for the period as well as in the casual dining and home office categories. According to Verdict retail analyst Nick Gladding,...
- JLP finds the going tough in London. // Cabinet Maker;9/26/2003, Issue 5357, p5
Reports on the increase in the sales of retailer John Lewis Partnership in London, England. Factors influencing the department store sales; Increment in the sales of the company's food outlets; Benefits of the increase for the company.
- Profits stall at JLP stores. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2002, Issue 5278, p4
Reports the delay in the increase in profits of furniture industry John Lewis despite growth in sales in Great Britain. Amount of sales rise of the industry from 26 department stores; Investment of the company on the online business; Benefits of the sales growth to the employees.
- Rise of the flatpack at John Lewis. // Cabinet Maker;8/16/2002, Issue 5300, p3
Reports on the sales performance of furniture store John Lewis for the first quarter of 2002.
- Profits warning at John Lewis of Hungerford. // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2004, Issue 5388, p6
Reports on the profits warning issued by kitchen retailer and manufacturer John Lewis of Hungerford after a disappointing financial result in the first half of 2004.
- John Lewis' pre-tax profits fall. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week;9/11/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p37
The article reports that John Lewis Partnership PLC has reported a 26.6% drop in pre-tax profit amid difficult trading conditions. The retailer, which also owns Waitrose, has seen profits fall by 38.8m pound to 107.3m pound over the six months to July 26, 2009. Operating profit at the John Lewis...
- NEWS. // In-Store;Oct2007, p17
This section offers news briefs concerning retail trade in Great Britain. Group sales at the John Lewis Partnership have increased by 6.7 percent for the six months to July 28, 2007. Chocolate group Thorntons posted a 5.3 percent increase in revenue for the 53 weeks to June 30, 2007. Next Retail...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2003, Issue 5342, p5
Reports developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of June 2003. Profits of Systems Furniture; Sales performance of store chain John Lewis; Relocation of the giftware wholesaler Besmo Products.
- Heatwave hits sales at department stores. // Cabinet Maker;8/29/2003, Issue 5353, p4
Reports on the effect of the heat wave on the department stores in Great Britain. Recovery of the sales of John Lewis; Decline in the sales of Beale; Increase in the furniture sales.