Be selective at show time
- Smaller Canadian dealers see need for summer show. // Furniture/Today;6/10/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p2
Focuses on the need of the small retailers of furniture industry for a summer trade show in Toronto, Ontario. Importance of specials and promotion on retailers; Preparation of the 2002 second quarter by the retailers; Participation of businessman David Martin on the trade show.
- Toronto show begins run. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;8/13/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p2
The article highlights the Toronto Summer Furniture from August 13-15, 2007 in Toronto, Ontario. The event is designed for independent retailers who do not always travel to markets in High Point or Las Vegas but still need goods for the fall selling season. The event features the annual Retailer...
- Expo Mueble exhibitors see reason for optimism. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;3/1/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p32
Features the Expo Mueble furniture trade show in Mexico. Optimism of the market; Exhibitor count.
- Contemporary styles on rise. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;3/1/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p32
Focuses on the influx of European contemporary furniture in the Mexican market, as seen in the Expo Mueble furniture trade show in Mexico. Sleek, lifestyle-oriented case goods seen at the exhibition.
- Expo to expand space, update show's image. // Furniture/Today;3/1/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p33
Examines the plans of the Expo Mueble furniture trade show in Mexico to expand its exhibition space. Construction plans on the addition.
- American, other foreigners pleased with show results. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;3/1/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p33
Reports that Americans and other foreigners are pleased with the results of the Expo Mueble furniture trade show in Mexico. Number of customers signed by exhibiting companies during the show.
- Panel: Industry must use its strengths. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;2/23/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p50
Highlights a panel discussion, titled 'Furniture's Future in the Retail Revolution,' at the 2004 Carolinas Industrial Woodworking Expo in Greensboro, North Carolina. Need for the industry to correct its inefficiencies while honing in on what it does best; Pricing issue; Imports.
- Toronto encouraging, but traffic down. Knell, Michael J.; Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;1/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the outcome of the Canadian Home Furnishings Market (CHFM) exhibition in Toronto, Ontario. The CHFM show encouraged exhibitors and Canadian manufacturers by the interest shown and the placements received from retailers. The retailers have shown more interests in domestic...
- Dancing to the UK beat. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p18
Focuses on the Movesul Furniture Fair held in Brazil. Aim of marketing furniture products showcased during the fair to British retailers; Features of contemporary furniture exhibited including clean lines, Italian-influenced designs and space saving components.