- New products & technology. // Waste News;03/22/99, Vol. 4 Issue 45, p12
Features various equipment and supplies for waste disposal. Includes corrugated cardboard balers; Stretch wrappers; Alternative cover deployment equipment for use at municipal solid waste landfills.
- The Value of Corrugated Waste. Croker, Rick // Paperboard Packaging;Aug2001, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p38
Discusses factors to consider in implementing a corrugated paperboard waste control program. Basic elements of a waste control program; Definition of standard waste; Requirements for an effective program.
- Profiles in garbage: Corrugated boxes. Miller, Chaz // Waste Age;Dec99, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p18
Presents information on the management of corrugated boxes as waste. Percentage of total municipal solid waste comprised of corrugated boxes; Recycling of corrugated boxes; Landfill volume; Recycling markets; End-market specifications.
- WASTE NEWS PRICING REPORT. // Waste News;4/28/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p22
Presents news briefs related to the pricing of substances used in the waste management industry of the United States as of April 28, 2003. Fall in prices of corrugated containers in 2002; Prices of recovered polyethylene terephthalate (PET) in the market; Regional fluctuations in the prices...
- CPA expresses concerns over waste regulations. // Paperboard Packaging;Dec98, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on a number of key concerns expressed by the Corrugated Packaging Association (CPA) over the United Kingdom (UK) Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulation 1997. Approach required when addressing any waste management issue; Comments from CPA Director Roman...
- Corrugated Boxes. Miller, Chaz // Waste Age;Sep2004, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p100
Focuses on corrugated paper boxes as the largest waste stream component in the U.S. Increase in used corrugated paper boxes' recycling rate and market share of municipal solid waste.
- Corrugated Boxes. MILLER, CHAZ // Waste Age;Nov2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p58
In this article, the author focuses on the use and disposal of old corrugated containers (OCC) as a material in shipping products. He provides statistical information about corrugated boxes in terms of generation, recycling and density. Particular focus is also given to rate of corrugated boxes...
- Geological conditions for allocation of solid municipal and industrial waste disposal sites in the Middle Urals. Antonova, I.; Gryaznov, O.; Guman, O.; Makarov, A.; Kolosnitsina, O. // Water Resources;Dec2014, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p896
The conditions and the basic principles for the allocation of solid municipal and industrial waste (SMW and IW) disposal sites in the geological structures of the Middle Urals are considered. A typological classification of municipal solid and industrial waste disposal sites in the Middle Urals...
- Assessing flood risk associated with waste disposals: methodology, application and uncertainties. Neuhold, C.; Nachtnebel, H. P. // Natural Hazards;Jan2011, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p359
Waste disposal sites are mostly located in lowland areas close to residential areas inducing a long-term risk of potential environmental contamination due to flooding. During recent flood events, these areas were reportedly exposed to inundations. This paper aims to develop a qualitative...