New Waste Classification May Mean New Costs
- Proper site selection when managing used oil helps limit your liability. D'Alessandro, Julio // Motor Age;Jul98, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p32
Reports that the responsibility for properly managing used oil from the time it leaves the facility to its `natural end' is the persons who receives the oil, according to the United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency's Used Oil Management Standards. Importance of the selection of a...
- Reduction in waste levy. // International Power Generation;Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p7
Reports that the European Union Council of Ministers has agreed to reduce excise duties on waste oil reused as fuel as of March 2001.
- EPA going slow on used oil policy. Barlas, Stephen // National Petroleum News;Apr96, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) development of a proposed rule in the wake of January, 1996's Court of Appeals decision affecting used oil. Reason behind EPA's need to develop a rule.
- Disposal of duty. Bruce, Sandy // Commercial Motor;3/31/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5122, p90
Focuses on the impact of the closure of several manufacturing companies on the local haulage industry in Great Britain. Effects of high fuel costs on the industry; Scope of a guideline on the burning of waste oil published by the Scottish Environment Protection Agency.
- Which environmental issues will impact you the most in the next year? // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;May2011, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p66
The article offers views from several respondents of the electronic mail survey conducted by the Sounding Board of the "Tribology & Lubrication" Technology (TLT) magazine. Among the topics discussed include reducing lubricant spills, proper fluid disposal and energy efficiency. One of the...
- Louisiana DEQ Conducting Pilot On Exploration, Production Waste. // Solid Waste Report;11/3/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p2
The article reports on a pilot program involving the disposal of exploration and production (E&P) waste initiated by the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
- Used oil proposal concerns Congress. // South Texas Automotive Report;Jan2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that 26 members of the U.S. Congress have signed a letter to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Lis Jackson regarding the proposal of the agency to define all off-specification used oil as a solid waste.
- Congress concerned about EPA waste oil proposal. // North Texas Automotive Report;Jan2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p11
The article reports that a letter to Lisa Jackson, Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), was signed by 26 members of the U.S. Congress related to the agency's new used oil proposal titled "Identification of Non-Hazardous Secondary Materials That Are Solid Waste."
- Lysimeter study with a cambic arenosol exposed to artificial acid rain: I. Concentrations of ions in leachate Stuanes, A. O.; Abrahamsen, G.; Sogn, T. A. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Jun1993, Vol. 68 Issue 3/4, p493
No abstract available.