How to Make the Most of Your Preventative Maintenance Program
- IS YOUR MAINTENANCE ROUTINE? LOVELY, LORI // MSW Management;July2012, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p44
The article offers information on the need for routine maintenance for collection vehicles in order to keep them safe and efficient on roads. It reports that the maintenance and rinsing of trucks and other heavy rolling machines is needed after cleaning out the trash to prevent the damaging...
- Waste Fleet Fitness. Lovely, Lori // MSW Management;Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p80
The article discusses the challenge of maintaining waste hauling vehicles in light of their heavy usage, stop-and-go driving and idling, and exposure to poor weather conditions and rough surfaces. Don Tucker of Republic Services in Las Vegas, Nevada, comments on the need for companies in the...
- Roll with the NEW. Kilcarr, Sean // Waste Age;Nov2009, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p28
The article deals with a vehicle maintenance approach used by Elkhart, Indiana-based trucking company Waste-Away Group Cos. To make changes in its maintenance reorganization attempt, the company hired Darry Stuart, president of DWS Fleet Management in 2006. According to Stuart, the main problem...
- All washed up. Stocking, Angus W. // Public Works;Apr2014, p3
The article reports on the operations of washing 75 garbage trucks a day at Brown's Island Demolition Landfill in Salem, Oregon through the service offered by MobyDick Wheel Washing System.
- Tip top shop. Deierlein, Bob // Waste Age;Apr99, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p72
Presents resources on government regulations covering refuse truck maintenance facilities in the United States. J.J. Keller & Associates Inc.'s federal regulations manuals; Safety rules discussed in the manual `EnviroMotivator' from Environmental Development Corp.; Ryder Transportation...
- Aluminum siding or paint? Deierlein, Bob // Waste Age;May99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p266
Focuses on strategies to maintain refuse collection vehicles. Adjustment of door strikers for the truck's body; Repair of shocks to ensure its good condition; Checking of chassis for oil leakage and inspection of isolators.
- From the Inside Out. Deierlein, Bob // Waste Age;May99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p269
Focuses on strategies to maintain the interiors of refuse collection vehicles. Cleaning strategies and agents recommended for vinyl seats; Types of solutions necessary for cleaning stains off velour upholstery.
- Need a lift? Bryce, Robert // Waste News;05/24/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p14
Focuses hydraulic hose mobile repair firm Pirtek. Efficient repair and response service of garbage trucks; Features of repair trucks; Founding history; Background of business operations.
- The Pressure's on to Give Hydraulics Much-Needed TLC. Downs, David // MSW Management;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p118
Discusses the importance of preventative maintenance of solid waste collection vehicle hydraulics. Systems and components of hydraulics; Ways of preventing contamination in hydraulics; Electronics used in hydraulics.