How to Prevent Your Government Bids from Becoming Public Record
- Selling to Uncle Sam: New, easier rules. Litvan, Laura M. // Nation's Business;Mar95, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p46
Discusses the changes in the rules for contracting with the American government. Preparation to achieve competitive advantage over other bidders; Contract bidding on-line; Increase in the threshold for streamlined purchases; Ceiling in purchases of common items; Mandate on federal agencies to...
- Best Value Formula. Quinn, David P. // Program Manager;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p40
Discusses the use of the Best Value Formula as a method to evaluate bids for U.S. government contracts. Four major factors when evaluating contracts; Cost as a factor; Examples of impact of price on contract award; Validation of the Best Value Formula.
- Government contracts. // Electronic News;10/3/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2034, p40
Discusses several contracts awarded by government agencies and prime contractors to the electronics industry. Includes contract with RJO Enterprises Inc. to provide 700 Versa Module Eurocard Chassis; Contract with Analysis & Technology Inc. for services in support of the Naval Undersea Warfare...
- The Scanwell Sun Has Set--but the Temperature Remains the Same. // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p49
Focuses on the expiration of bid protests in the U.S. Issue on the affirmative responsibility determination of contracting officers; Review of contract award decision; Standard of review for the protester.
- How 'Interested' Are You Really? // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p52
Focuses on the definition of interested party in the U.S. Waiving of test requirements; Absence of resoliciting modification in awarding the contract; Decision of the General Accounting Office on interested party.
- Durham drug developer is a winner in war on terror. // Business North Carolina;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p32
The article reports that U.S. chemical company Chimerix Inc. has received a government contract from the U.S. Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority amounting to 24.8 million U.S. dollars for its successful development of a treatment for smallpox which can be used against a...
- What the Hudson Valley Municipal Purchasing Group is all about. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/22/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p3
The article offers information on the Hudson Valley Municipal Purchasing Group which helps local vendors to increase their sales with government contracts through posting government bids from 40 local agencies in the U.S.
- Soliciting Uncle Sam. Kerven, Anne; Keefer, KC // Colorado Business Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on the Federal Acquisition Network (FACNET), the government's semimandated electronic bidding system. How John Lord of Lewan and Associates finds business on the FACNET; Features of FACNET; Advantages of using FACNET. INSET: Getting onto FACNET..
- Shops consider pitch for drug office work. Teinowitz, Ira; Linnett, Richard; Sanders, Lisa; Thomaselli, Rich // Advertising Age;8/27/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 35, p3
This article reports on the plan of the U.S. House Office of National Drug Control Policy to reopen the contract for agencies with experience in U.S. government accounts in 2001. In rebidding its $160 million contract currently with Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, the drug office is expected to seek...