Recycling Managers Target Electronics
- German project reconverts a sanitary landfill. Rettenberger, G.; Urban-Kiss, S. // BioCycle;Jun95, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p44
Describes a pilot-scale reconversion project for sanitary landfills in Stuttgart, Germany. Technical and economic feasibility of recycling project; Identification of measures to protect workers and neighboring land uses; Classification and fractionation of excavated waste in an automated...
- CITY OFFICIALS PLAN TO REACH 75 PERCENT RECYCLING BY 2010. // BioCycle;Dec2002, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p21
Investigates the passage of a legislation by the Board of Supervisors to raise the recycling rate in San Francisco, California. Transport of food scraps to composting facilities; Separation of waste materials; Creation of landfills.
- BIOCYCLE WORLD. // BioCycle;Jun2003, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p6
Presents news concerning the organic recycling industry as of June 2003. European Union sanitary landfill directive; Reduction of the discharge of pollutants to protect water quality; Launch of a landfill diversion program.
- Recycling innovation proliferates in Bay area. Peltier, Michael // Waste News;12/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p13
Reports on the recycling innovations in Tampa Bay, Florida. Insights on using computers, yard waste and dormitory furniture as recyclable; Impact of recycling on landfill scarcity; Advantages of recycling solid waste materials.
- Trash Talk. Olney, Maeve // New Moon;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the importance of recycling programs in reducing the trash in landfills.
- Country's disposal system convoluted, but it works. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the problems on the issue of waste disposal in the waste market in Sacramento, California. Lists of landfills operating in the area; Reason for the closure of the Sacramento City landfill; Details on the latest commercial program of the solid waste authority.
- S.C. county often landfills recyclables. Hayhurst, Tracy // Waste News;04/17/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 48, p13
Reports that some glass and paper in Lancaster County, South Carolina, end up going to a landfill instead of a recycling center. Department of Public Works' policy to recycle glass and paper only if there is a market for them; Cost of recycling; Agreement between the County Council and...
- More Calif. towns meet diversion goal. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;7/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p4
Reports the compliance of communities on the diversion of waste from landfills in the California. Requirement of the state to meet diversion rat; Elimination of waste; Creation of opportunities for residents and businesses to help reduce waste disposal.
- San Francisco Diverts 77% of Waste from Landfills, Exceeding City's Goal. // Solid Waste Report;8/14/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p7
The article reports that San Francisco, California has exceeded it goal of 75% diversion of landfills and will aim for zero waste by 2020.