A Developmental Intervention Via the Teaching Portfolio: Employing the Teaching/Learning Framework
- TEACHER EDUCATION IN LIGHT OF A FEW PRINCIPLES, THEORIES, AND STDIES ON VOCATIONAL TRAINING AND ADULT EDUCATION. MAYEN, PATRICK // McGill Journal of Education;Winter2011, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p157
The objective of this article is to critically examine teacher education based on the concepts, principles, and practices of adult education, vocational training, and continuing vocational training. We will discuss a few aspects of teacher education from the perspective of our research and our...
- La formaciÃ³n permanente del profesorado en entornos virtuales de aprendizaje. SANTOVEÑA CASAL, Sonia Mª // Revista ElectrÃ³nica Interuniversitaria De FormaciÃ³n del Profes;dic2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p69
The adaptation to the demands of the knowledge society is facilitated through continuous education. In this context it is essential a continuous education supported by virtual learning environments of quality. The main objective of this research is the study of the quality of virtual courses...
- Engaging Teachers as Learners: Modeling Professional Development for Adult Literacy Providers. Hanna, Mary Barbara; Salzman, James A.; Reynolds, Sharon L.; Fergus, Katherine B. // Adult Basic Education & Literacy Journal;Fall2010, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p173
The article focuses on how professional developers for the Basic Literacy Education (ABLE) system in Ohio engages teachers as learners using a model of professional development. Ways of increasing the quality of training for adult education educators are described, including taking sessions...
- Using Portfolios to Reflect on Practice. Seung-Yoeun Yoo // Educational Leadership;May2001, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p78
Focuses on the use of portfolio process to assess the professional growth and practice skills of teachers. Benefits of writing in reflective journals; Effect of the portfolio strategy on teachers' self-evaluation; Qualities of a reflective teacher.
- School-based â€¦or not? Richard, Alan // Journal of Staff Development;Spring2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p10
Presents an excerpt from the article titled "Making our Own Road: The Emergence of School-Based Staff Developers in America's Public Schools," a report for the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation published in May 2003.
- Local Teachers to Receive Technology Training. // San Diego Business Journal;05/22/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p26
Reports that teachers in San Diego, California have been selected to attend the Teach the Teachers Educational Technology Collaborative training program funded by a grant from Vons grocery stores.
- DON'T BE AFRAID OF CPD. Bramah, Bob // SportEX Dynamics;Jan2010, Issue 23, p14
All professionals need to do CPD. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't have to be an expensive and time-consuming exercise. In fact much of it can be free. The first step on the road to CPD is to identify a learning need. The next step is to locate a source for that knowledge. Then that...
- Expand your Portfolio. // South African Pharmacist's Assistant;2012, p44
The article presents steps in expanding portfolio regarding continuous professional development (CPD) for pharmacists which include identifying knowledge gaps, planning, and evaluation of learning.
- Comprehensive Assessment of Student Collaboration in Electronic Portfolio Construction: An Evaluation Research. Wang, Charles Xiaoxue // TechTrends: Linking Research & Practice to Improve Learning;Jan2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p58
The article discusses a study which evaluates the impact of student collaboration in the construction of electronic portfolio. An evaluation research was conducted in the integration course offered at the Teacher Education Environments in Mathematics and Science (TEEMS) Program at Georgia State...