Russia to drop out of Kyoto agreement
- Carbon neutrality challenges market. Reed, Irit // Precision Marketing;11/30/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p9
The article offers information about carbon neutrality in Great Britain. It is the latest buzzword in direct marketing industry but the move to reduce its footprints are relatively new thus evoking confusion about its standards. Business establishments should thrive and contribute to solve the...
- GLOBAL WARMING ACT SETS NATION'S FIRST CAP ON ATMOSPHERIC POLLUTION. // BioCycle;Dec2006, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on a mandate aimed at capping atmospheric pollution in California. It is dubbed as the nation's first solution to global warming pollution with a targeted 25 percent cut in emissions of heat-trapping gases by 2020. The mandate is called the Global Warming Solutions Act. A...
- What did you do about climate change Mum? Godllee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/10/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7554, Preceding p1343
The article presents a letter from the editor of "British Medical Journal" regarding climate change and carbon emissions. The author urges people to act now in order to avoid problems such as rising sea levels, floods, and droughts. A competition is proposed which will reward the person with...
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Estonia Country Review;2009, p120
The article offers information on the different global environmental concepts which includes the greenhouse effect, the relationship between global warming and greenhouse gases and international policy development in regard to global warming.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Holy See Country Review;2009, p129
The article offers information on the different global environmental concepts including the greenhouse effect, the relationship between global warming and greenhouse gases and international policy development in regard to global warming
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Malawi Country Review;2009, p118
The article discusses various global environmental issues including the greenhouse effect, the relationship between global warming and greenhouse gases and international policy development regarding global warming.
- 2 Get blueprints for a green house. Locke, Laura // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/9/2007, Issue 13, p48
The article covers the impact of housing on greenhouse gas emissions. Residential energy use contributes to 16% of total emissions. The suggestion is that building houses that are environmentally friendly from the start of construction is the most cost efficient and effective. Several options...
- It's Not Just Carbon, STUPID. Steffen, Alex // Wired;Jun2008, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p165
The author reflects on sloving the environmental problems on greenhouse gas emission. He argues that people should not only blame climate change but should take vital steps in reducing greenhouse gas emissions. According to him, although people are aware of global warming, they still tend to do...
- Study examines effect of pollution on climate. // Design News;1/2/89, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p200
Reports on a study by researchers at Los Alamos and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories and the University of California at San Diego concerning the effect of pollution on climate. Factors contributing to the climate change; Relation between greenhouse effect and a global warming trend;...