Random House Taps Into Korean Publishing Market
- CHOSEN AT RANDOM. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Aug97, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p6
Reports on Random House Inc.'s 1997 booksellers forum held in Toronto, Ontario. Participating booksellers' assessment of the event; Information that the publisher was able to gather regarding the way it does business with independent bookstores; Suggestions made by booksellers on how the...
- Random House Holds Slight Lead On Penguin Group. // Book Publishing Report;5/15/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p10
The article presents the performance of book publishing companies based on "The New York Times" hardcover nonfiction bestseller list for the week ended May 14, 2006. Random House Inc. holds a slight edge over Penguin Group USA Inc. on the hardcover nonfiction list. Penguin Group is led by Tyler...
- Amid Reports, A Miramax Departure. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the hiring of Miramax Books senior acquisitions editor Susan Mercandetti by Random House. Implications of the hiring of Mercandetti for both publishing houses; Agreement between Miramax founders Bob and Harvey Weinstein and Disney; Views on the departure of Mercandetti at Miramax.
- Profits Marginally Better. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/5/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 35, p6
Reports the financial and operating performance of book publishers and booksellers in 2004. Operating margin posted by Audible during the year; Factors that influenced the decline in the industry's operating margins; Increase in the earnings before interest and taxes of Random House.
- 2004 Hardcover/Paperback Advice & Misc. Bestsellers by Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p8
Presents a chart depicting the list of 2004 hardcover and paperback bestsellers by publisher in the U.S. as of September 26, 2004. Random House Inc.; Bantam Books company; Broadway Books company.
- UMBA Tightens Its Show. Zeller, Brad // Publishers Weekly;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the annual Upper Midwest Booksellers Association trade show which was held in Saint Paul, Minnesota from September 27 to 29, 2002. Number of booksellers, publishers and authors who attended the trade show; Books that caught the interest of attendees.
- Readers Pay by the Page. // Information Management Journal;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on service offerings of Internet-based publisher Amazon.com which lets its online customers purchase books by the page. Amazons Pages will allow customers to buy portions of a book for online viewing while Amazon Upgrade will offer full online access when a traditional text...
- The Ideal Bookstore. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;9/15/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 15, p108
Discusses the plans of Random House vice president and editorial director Jason Epstein for a mail-order catalog, which will make changes in book retailing practices that will affect libraries. View of Epstein that there was a structural problem in the distribution of books; Observation that...
- Publishers Debate Range of Issues. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p7
Reveals that a lack of consumer feedback, the proliferation of used books and retailers' publishing operations have beset publishers, according to a report presented at the Association of American Publishers' annual meeting by Kosmo Kalliarekos of the consulting firm Parthenon Group. Comments...