Park and Nikolai to Lead New Nelson Book Groups
- Park, Nikolai Promoted At Thomas Nelson. // Publishers Weekly;1/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p103
Reports on the move by publishing company Thomas Nelson to form two new book divisions and name executives to lead them, as of January 2004. Jerry Park as executive vice president and group publisher of the Nelson Christian Books Group; Pete Nikolai as senior vice president and group publisher...
- Lynch to Head Tommy Nelson. // Publishers Weekly;4/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 16, p15
Reports the appointment of Dan Lynch as senior vice president and publisher of Tommy Nelson, the children's publishing division of Thomas Nelson. Information on Lynch's predecessor, Laura Minchew; Other promotions in the division; Accomplishments of Tommy Nelson in fiscal 2003.
- Johnson to Head Countryman. Dreher, Christopher // Publishers Weekly;10/18/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the promotion of Troy Johnson of Jack Countryman, the gift book division of Thomas Nelson, to company vice president and publisher in 2004. Duties of Johnson in the company; Focus of the company according to Johnson; Reason for the decrease in the number of new titles it publishes...
- New Tommy Nelson Head Sees Music, Internet As Source Of Growth. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p3
Reports on Christian children's publisher Tommy Nelson executive vice president and managing director Neal Joseph's plans to take the company into the music and the Internet markets.
- Backlist Drove Nelson in 2002. // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p19
Reports on the backlist titles of publishing company Thomas Nelson for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2002. Information on the acquisition deal of the company with C. R. Acquisition Corp.
- Daniel Promoted to V-P, W Publishing. // Publishers Weekly;9/27/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the promotion of Grey Daniel to vice president, associate publisher of the Thomas Nelson imprint from executive director of the W Publishing imprint. Career background of Daniel.
- Nelson Weathers Difficult Fiscal 2000. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2000. Sales increase in its publishing operations; Reason for the results in the gift operation; Three acquisitions Nelson made in 1999 to boost revenues.
- New Thomas Nelson Publisher Details Plan To Double Sales By 2004. // Book Publishing Report;07/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p4
Reports on Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc.'s refocusing of its publishing program on four key areas. Concentration of publishing operations on charismatic, leadership and motivation, health and fitness, and fiction; Publisher and senior vice president Michael Hyatt's plan to appoint a marketer...
- Thomas Nelson Hoping To Start Industry Trend With Higher Prices. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the decision of publisher Thomas Nelson to raise its prices. Possible triggering of a trend in the Christian book publishing industry; Costs of hardcover books and trade paperbacks starting spring 2001.