Oprah Makes First Book Club Selection of 2004
- Magic drifts eastward. Rolfe, Patricia // Bulletin with Newsweek;08/25/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6137, p68
Compares two books by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. `One Hundred Years of Solitude'; `News of a Kidnapping.'
- KATHY KEELE. Keele, Kathy // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/21/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6583, p52
The article reviews the book "One Hundred Years of Solitude," by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- The Book That Changed My Life. Burns, Ken // Best Life;Oct2007, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p62
The author discusses the impact of the book "One Hundred Years of Solitude," by Gabriel Garcia MÃ¡rquez, on his life. He remembered sitting in his room in a house he shared with 10 other people, reading at all hours of the day and night and not wanting it to end, but weeping openly and...
- ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE (Book). Pearl, Nancy // Library Journal;3/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p140
Reviews the fiction book 'One Hundred Years of Solitude,' by Gabriel GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez.
- ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE: SOME TRANSLATION CORRECTIONS. Dilmore, Gent // Journal of Modern Literature;Jul84, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p311
Presents comments and corrections to the English translation of the novel 'One Hundred Years of Solitude,' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- From the Space of the "Wunderkammer" to Macondo's Wonder Rooms: The Collection of Marvels in "Cien aÃ±os de soledad." Arellano, Jerónimo // Hispanic Review;Summer2010, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p369
This article explores the relationship of Gabriel GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez's novel "Cien aÃ±os de soledad" to early modern material culture. In particular, it argues that we may reread central passages in the novel as a ludic reintegration of the space of the "cÃ¡mara de maravillas" or...
- `Searching for the route of inventions': Retracing the Renaissance discovery narrative in.... Spiller, Elizabeth A. // Clio;Summer99, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p375
Examines the use Renaissance narratives in the book `One Hundred Years of Solitude' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Significance of the expedition chronicles by Antonio Pigafetta; Combination of science and magic in narrative writing; Illusion of marvelous realisms in creating discovery narratives.
- Introduction. Corwin, Jay // Theory in Action;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
The article introduces a series of essays on Gabriel GarcED;a ME1;rquez's book "One Hundred Years of Solitude" published within the issue.
- Gabriel GarcÃa MÃ¡rquez: Creator of the Magic Realism Movement in Latin-American Literature. Vijh, Surekha // World & I;Jan2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p9
The article profiles author Gabriel GarcÃ a MÃ¡ rquez. He was born at a small town of Aracataca in Colombia on March 6, 1928. In 1982, the author received the highest official recogniton with the Nobel Prize for Literature. According to GarcÃ a MÃ¡ rquez, his book titled "One Hundred...