Putnam Uses New Technology to Market an Old Favorite
- G.P. Putnam To Publish More Nonfiction As Held Takes Reins. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Reports that G.P. Putnam's Sons Publishers company planned to publish more nonfiction in 2005 in the U.S. Appointment of Ivan Held as president of the imprint; Reason for the publication of more nonfiction; Number of nonfiction bestsellers.
- The Runes of the Earth: The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (Book). Green, Roland // Booklist;9/1/2004, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p4
Reviews the book "The Runes of the Earth: The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant," by Stephen R. Donaldson.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;11/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p7
Reports developments related to book publishing in the United States as of November 2001. Selection of Carole Baron as president of G.P. Putnam's Sons; Plan of St. Martin's Press to transfer its operation in the children's market; Assistance given by the American Booksellers Foundation for Free...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Gilmore, Albert F.; Miller, E.C.L.; Stanley, Charles E.; Goldman, Mayer C.; Post, Louis F.; Pao-Tien Hsieh // New Republic;6/22/21, Vol. 27 Issue 342, p114
Presents a letter to the editor commenting on criticisms regarding G.P. Putnam's Sons for withdrawal of the article by Riley on the Christian Science text book from the fourth volume of the "Cambridge History of American Literature".
- Baron to Head Putnam. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 46, p9
Reports on the appointment of Carole Baron as president of the publishing company G.P. Putnam's Sons in November 2001. Position held by Baron at Dell/Delacorte; Top priority of Baron for the company.
- Putnam books Held as publisher's prexy. Mohr, Ian // Daily Variety;3/30/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 65, p14
Reports on the appointment of Ivan Held as president of G.P. Putnam's Sons Publishers in the U.S. Responsibility of Held to oversee the imprint and scout for promising talent to add to Putnam's stable of fiction and nonfiction authors; Focus of the executive on expanding the direction of the...
- NEWSWORTHY. // Library Journal;9/1/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 14, p85
This section offers news briefs on the book publishing sector as September 2015 including the four-book deal signed by author Steve Hamilton with publisher Putnam and information on a crime fiction blog, located at www.avidmysteryreader.com.
- Putnam Takes Aim at 2004 Bestseller List with Retribution. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p1
Reports on G.P. Putnam's Sons Publishers' plan to release on January 5, 2004, the book "Retribution," by Jilliane Hoffman. Features of the book; Worth of the global rights of the book; Marketing drive for the book.
- FAMILY 'SECRET' UNFOLDS. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;11/7/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 48, p1
Reports developments in book industry in the United States as of November 7, 2001. Possibility of adapting the book 'The Secret History' to the big screen; Actions taken by publishers fearing anthrax-tainted mail; Appointment of Carole Baron as president of G.P. Putnam's Sons.