- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/1/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p8
Cites Holt, Rinehart & Winston's release of I.D.E.A. Works, a special education resource package on CD-ROM that provides a modified curriculum and activities for the publisher's social studies textbooks.
- Holt Wins Awards. // Language Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p36
Reports that Holt, Rinehart and Winston products were honored with wins in three categories of the 2005 Distinguished Achievement Awards sponsored by the Association of Educational Publishers (AEP). Award for Holt Live Ink Reading Help for Holt Online Learning in the category for Special Needs...
- Blue Ribbon Technology. Lindroth, Linda // Teaching Pre K-8;Oct2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p24
The article reviews various educational software for English Language Learners which include Maps 101 from Nystrom, Look, Listen, & Speak from Evan-Moor, American Cultures for Children: Arab-American Heritage by Schlessinger Media, and Live Ink Reading Help Online by Holt, Rinehart and Winston. ...
- HOLT TEXTBOOKS ADDS CD-ROM BASED TEACHERS RESOURCE. // CD Computing News;Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the addition of Holt, Rinehart and Winston's Calendar Planner to the Holt One-stop Planner with Test Generator, a CD-ROM based teacher's resource supplement for Holt textbooks.
- Harcourt's HRW Sets Up Professional Development. // Educational Marketer;9/9/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p5
Reports the establishment of a professional development shop by Holt, Rinehart and Winston Inc. in the U.S. Emphasis of the K-12 education market on off-line and online professional development; Information on the No Child Left Behind federal reform act; Details on the demands of schools on...
- HRW textbook pulled in Texas. Dunleavy, M.P. // Publishers Weekly;3/21/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the decision of Holt, Rhinehart & Winston to withdraw a 700-page high school health textbook from the multimillion-dollar Texas School market. Unviavility of state's request for revisions of the material; Issues requested for revisions; Loss of $7.5 million allotted by Texas for the...
- Holt Virtual Investigations. Finley, Sally // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Sept/Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p43
The article reviews the Holt Virtual Investigations software designed for science laboratory experiments from Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
- U.S. Study Reports Shortage of Qualified Bilingual-Ed. Teachers. Foster, Susan G.; Matzke, Martha // Education Week;6/9/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the study conducted by RMC Research Corp. which is sponsored by the U.S. Education Department to evaluate the level of need for bilingual-education teachers. According to the study, given a low and high estimate of children nationwide, the bottomline is, there is a...
- Contractor's Conflicts of Interest Cited in Reading First Program. // ASHA Leader;4/17/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p3
The article discusses an audit report filed by the U.S. Department of Education Office of the Inspector General. The auditor's report states that a federal contractor called RMC Research Corporation did not take appropriate measures in preventing conflicts of interest when awarding subcontracts...