Thomson Trains Profs, Students To Use Textbooks, Ancillary Materials
- Thomson Learning Expands Lower-Price College Textbook Offerings. // Educational Marketer;7/5/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p5
Reports that Stamford, Connecticut-based textbook publisher Thomson Learning has increased its lower-price college textbook program. Role of its Advantage Program in promoting tiered pricing options to college students and professors.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/13/99, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p8
Presents news briefs related to educational publishing industry in the United States as of December 1999.
- Cengage Learning Builds Portal, Adds Rental Option. // Educational Marketer;8/31/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the launch of an in-house textbook rental service by Cengage Learning Inc. to reposition its iChapters electronic commerce site in the U.S. It states that the iChapters.com site was created in 2007 which serves as a portal into the materials and services of educational...
- Thomson Learning Adds Criminal Justice, Lifelong Learning Titles. // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Thomson Learning of criminal justice, career and reference titles in two separate transactions to boosts its higher education and lifelong learning offerings in Stamford, Connecticut. Acquisition of criminal justice paperback from Copperhouse Publishing; Addition...
- Florida Prepares for K-12 Math Textbook Adoption. // Educational Marketer;1/18/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the expectation that K-12 math textbook adoption will be one of the largest sales in 2010 for publishers in Florida.
- Pearson Education, Houghton Mifflin And McGraw- Hill Make Changes In Their K-12 Executive Ranks. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the changes in the executive ranks of three of the largest K-12 textbook publishers in the U.S. Collaboration of Kathy Hurley as the new vice president of strategic solutions of the School Companies Group of Pearson Education Inc.; Citation of Lee Jones as president of the Riverside...
- Upcoming North Carolina Science Textbook Adoption To Feature Separate Category For Kits. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the feature of science approved kits on the upcoming science textbook adoption in North Carolina. Recommendation of science materials by the state Textbook Commission to the state Board of Education; Factors that could have influenced publishers' decisions to forego the adoption;...
- New California Standards Pose Dilemmas for Text Publishers. Currence, Cindy // Education Week;11/7/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the obstacles in meeting new standards that seek to put more content and substance into textbooks San Francisco, California. Representatives of the textbook industry states that their efforts to comply with new requirements to include classical literature in text may bring...
- Riverdeep, Houghton Mifflin and Thomson Stir More M&A Activity Than Has Been Seen Since 2001. // Educational Marketer;11/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1
The article reports development of merger and acquisition activity in the educational publishing industry. Thomson Learning Corp. and Houghton Mifflin Co. have the potential to account for the acquisition amounting to $10 billion in 2006. Also, a Riverdeep Inc. and Houghton agreed to create a...