Delta Education Hires Steven Korte as President, COO; Plans Acquisitions, as it Preps for Growth
- Delta Education Enhances Reading, Acquires Modern Learning Press. // Educational Marketer;7/14/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the plan of Delta Corp. chief executive officer Gary Facente to acquire more properties to boost the company's reading and language arts operations in the United States. Acquisition of supplemental publisher Modern Learning Press and the self-published Specialized Program...
- People ... // Educational Marketer;5/19/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p8
Reports that Nashua, New Hampshire-based Delta Education has named Robert Kelley as president of its CPO Science division. Immediate superior; Responsibilities in his assumed post; Career background.
- People . . . // Educational Marketer;8/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p8
Presents news items related to publishing executives in the United States as of August 9, 2004. Selection of Tony Artuso as vice president of the Full Option Science System of K-12 supplemental publisher Delta Education; Appointment of J. Bruce Hildebrand to a new post at the Association of...
- Executive Changes In 2005 Worth Watching In 2006. // Educational Marketer;1/9/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on career developments of executives in the publishing industry in 2005. Thompson Corp. had appointed Jim Smith as CEO of Thompson Learning Academic and Reference Group. Donna Lucki was designated as president of Houghton Mifflin's School Division in Boston. Lisa Holton was...
- Pattis to Head NTC/Contemporary. // Publishers Weekly;6/28/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the promotion of Mark Pattis to the post of chairman at NTC/Contemporary Publishing Group. Role of Pattis as chairman of the company; Overview of the promotion of Gary Facente to the post of general manager.
- The Wicks Group Becomes The Newest Player In K-12 Education. // Educational Marketer;9/3/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the acquisition of publisher ? Education by media investment firm Wicks Group in September 2001.
- Harcourt Re-Brands Supplemental Publishing Group Harcourt Achieve. // Educational Marketer;1/26/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p3
Reports on K-12 educational publishing company, Harcourt Supplemental's change of the name of its supplemental publishing business to Harcourt Achieve. Reasons for the change in the business' name; Harcourt Achieve's president Tim McEwen's explanation on educators' perception towards...
- Delta Adds Touchphonics To its Reading Business. // Educational Marketer;11/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p3
Reports on Nashua, New Hampshire-based Delta Education's acquisition of the assets of Touchphonics Reading Services.
- #50 What Kids Want! Inc. Pennington, April Y. // Entrepreneur;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p78
Profiles Jordan and Steven Kort, founders of toy business What Kids Want! Inc. in Northridge, California. New ventures of brothers in business; Important part in the company's business success; Kort's product lines. INSET: MAKING THE CUT.