INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- TOP MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS (FEBRUARY 1, 2005-MARCH 1, 2005). // Global Finance;Apr2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p48
Presents a chart depicting a list of companies from various industries involved in mergers and acquisitions.
- The Urge to Merge: Tying the Knot Successfully. Blake, Robert R.; Mouton, Jane S. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1983, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the factors contributing to the success of corporate mergers. Motivational dynamics underlying the merger process; Failure of merging companies to consider the human element in the merger; Behavioral science theories on the use of group processes to consummate a merger.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/8/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 31, p23
Presents graph and charts depicting the volume of mergers and acquisitions of companies in various industries in the U.S.
- M&A pros predict Europe to outpace U.S. in Year 2000. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/23/99, Vol. 65 Issue 34, p5
Reports that industry professionals predict that the mergers and acquisitions markets of Europe will surpass that of the United States in terms of dollar volume in 2000. Reasons cited for the prediction; European mergers and acquisitions activity between 1996 and 1998; Bankers' views on the...
- Does survival mean being a buyer or seller? Spector, Barry // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Mar1999, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p16
Discusses the implications of consolidations in any industry. Reason some companies find it difficult to attract a retailer's attention; View on the distinction between supermarket retailers and other retailing channels; Factors to consider when planning to buy a company.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Humrickhouse, Scott; Reddin, George; Marshall, Wallace // Pit & Quarry;Nov2000, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p22
Part II. Examines people issues to consider during and after the acquisition of a company in the construction industry. Psychological transition; Absence of control; Management concerns of employees.
- BUSINESS DIARY. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p20
Presents a diary of events related to developments in various business enterprises in Michigan as of February 10, 2003. Acquisition of the Wickman Corp., an Oak Park manufacturer of superabrasive grinding wheels by Tyrolit Group.; Addition of the Early Warning Healthcare Institute, Auburn...
- Takeover trials. // Accountancy;Jun72, Vol. 83 Issue 946, p9
Discusses the challenges faced by businesses that ventured into company acquisition. Decline of business performance; Impact of acquisitions on financial stability; Ways of preventing a firm from being acquired by a larger company.
- AVOID BECOMING A TAKEOVER TARGET. Seymour, Tim // Accountancy;Dec1986, Vol. 98 Issue 1120, p82
Advises companies on avoiding hostile take-overs by bigger companies. Perceived benefits and savings to be obtained by consolidating two businesses; Factors affecting the valuation of businesses; Factors that help in exposing businesses to take-overs.