INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY
- Alternative Investments: Hard lessons at the frontier. Chan, Yvonne // Asian Investor;Apr2014, p1
The article focuses on the opportunities available to private equity investors who are looking to tap growth in frontier markets like Vietnam and Myanmar as well as the lessons that they can learn from entering such markets. Topics discussed include the private equity entrants in Myanmar after...
- Duet invests for the future as assets near $6bn across diverse alternatives business. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
Since its launch in 2002, the London-based group has grown to run hedge, long-only and private equity products spanning equities, emerging and frontier markets, commodities and real estate
- The beauty of private equity. // Finweek;7/4/2013, Special section p12
The article profiles Old Mutual Private Equity, highlighting its move to launch its fourth private equity fund for high-net-worth investors in South Africa. It mentions that private equity is equity exposure to firms that are not listed on the stock market and notes that individual retail...
- Putting stock in style. Egan, Liam // Money Management;3/8/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p33
The article focuses on the issue of whether market conditions would favor growth or value style managers in 2007. Here, some growth managers suggested that value and growth managers must be able to outperform in any market on their stock-picking skills. Value managers on the otherhand believe...
- Pantheon board ponders new share issue proposal. Newman, Amanda // Money Marketing;4/5/2007, p28
The article reports on the decision of the board of private equity investment trust Pantheon International Participations PLC (PIP) to consider the proposal to issue new shares in Great Britain in 2007. PIP invests in private equity funds and occasionally makes direct investments in private...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 26, p14
Presents information on private equity deals as of June 27, 2005. Private equity fundraising; Fundraising by fund size; Top advisers.
- GUERNSEY. Morgan, Ben // Lawyer;11/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p41
The article reports that the investment fund industry in Guernsey is booming after regulations were relaxed. In February 2005, the Guernsey Financial Services Commission introduced a three-day approval process for creating Qualifying Investor Funds (QIF) in Guernsey. This QIF authorization...
- A Modest Frenzy In Private Equity. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/27/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 37, p12
Reports on the investment activity of private equity firms in the U.S. Oversupply of capital in the market; Investment periods for private equity funds; Competition for deals among private equity firms.
- PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/25/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 41, p16
Presents charts depicting private equity fundraising transactions for the third quarter of 2004 in the U.S.