Merrill Gets Plum; Not Citi, Goldman?
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/6/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 47, p19
This article presents information from the investment banking database related to rankings of advisors of mergers and acquisitions of corporations. The global target merger and acquisition advisor rankings in decreasing order are as follows; Goldman Sachs Group Inc. with a rank value of $...
- GLOBAL AWARDS. // Global Finance;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p34
Highlights the best investment banks for 2005 in the global category as chosen by the periodical "Global Finance". Factors that made Goldman Sachs and Co. the best investment bank globally for the year; Worth of proceeds raised by Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. which made the institution the...
- FINANCIAL M&A SEES THIRD-HIGHEST YEAR ON RECORD. Conrad, Lee // U.S. Banker;Apr2007, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p40
The article reports that the total of mergers and acquisitions in the financial sector in 2006 with a total deal value of $108.6 billion is the third highest only after $288.5 billion set in 1998 and $130 billion in 2004. The total number of deals in 2006 is compared with that of other years....
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/8/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p17
Several charts and tables showing information on M&A such as activity and monthly global volume as of May 1, 2006 as well as adviser rankings which includes Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank and Merrill Lynch were presented.
- China Halts Brokerage Buys by Foreigners. // American Banker;9/15/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 178, p20
The article reports that China will not allow international financial services companies to buy Chinese brokerage firms. The announcement, made by the China Securities Regulatory Commission on September 14, 2006, will limit China's brokerage service market to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and UBS...
- $133 billion humble pie. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p3
The article reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has sold its collateralized debt obligations (CDO) portfolio for just 22 cents on the dollar and focuses on its influence on the CDO portfolios of other firms. It is stated that Citigroup Inc. which has the largest CDO exposure of any bank, has the...
- THIRD-QUARTER M&A LEAGUE TABLES. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/10/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p3
Provides information on companies involved in mergers and acquisitions completed during the third quarter of 2005. Citigroup; UBS; Merrill Lynch.
- Goldman 'Unlikely' Bank Buyer. // American Banker;7/31/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 147, p2
The article reports that it is unlikely securities firm Goldman Sachs Group Inc. will buy a retail banking operation. According to the article, Goldman will most likely grow through the acquisition of distressed mortgage assets. The company raised several billion dollars to buy such assets, and...
- Tradewatch. // Pensions & Investments;11/10/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p16
The article lists core brokers and specialty brokers on the basis of ranks in the U.S., which include Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, and Stanford Group.