Insulation Commissioning Must Begin During Design and Specification
- Utilities Share Their Insulator Field Experience. Gorur, Ravi S.; Shaffner, Dave; Clark, Wayne; Vinson, Richard; Ruff, Don // Transmission & Distribution World;Apr2005, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p17
Discusses the advantages and limitations of different insulator technologies. Average age of composite insulators; Technological gaps among basic insulator technologies; Differences between porcelain and toughened glass type of insulator.
- INSULATION. // Qualified Remodeler;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p44
Evaluates several products related to insulation. Focus on Certainteed's FlameCheck Plus2 Duct Insulation, glass fiber blanket; Views on E'NRGY 3 foam insulation for OEM applications; Comment on Gold Seal 400 insulation and air-sealing dispensing system.
- The Heat Transfer Characteristics of an Insulated Circular Duct Considering and Neglecting the Influence of Heat Radiation. Yen-Hsun Chen; King-Leung Wong; I-Pin Kuo; Chuan-Huang Lin; Jin-Yu Lin // International MultiConference of Engineers & Computer Scientists;2009, p1952
Heat radiation equation contains 4th exponential order of temperature which makes mathematics analysis very complicated and troublesome. Therefore, most heat transfer experts and scholars believe, based on their own experiences, that the heat radiation effect can be ignored due to small...
- Nylon for neophytes. Kao, Leslie; Budimir, Miles // Machine Design;3/4/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p86
Reports that nylon 12 heat-shrinkable electrical connectors can withstand harsh environmental conditions. Tests showing that heat-shrinkable nylon 12 outperforms other materials in critical properties; Comparison of High Density Polyethylene tubing and nylon 12; Information on how nylon 12...
- Conta ve flanÅŸ bÃ¶lgesinin buzdolabÄ± enerji verimine etkisinin incelenmesi. SOYSAL, F. Alper; ÖZGÜÇ, Feridun // ITU Journal Series D: Engineering;Aug2010, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p15
No abstract available.
- Electrically Insulated MLI and Thermal Anchor. Koji Kamiya; Masato Furukawa; Ryuta Hatakenaka; Takeshi Miyakita; Haruyuki Murakami; Kaname Kizu; Katsuhiko Tsuchiya; Yoshihiko Koide; Kiyoshi Yoshida // AIP Conference Proceedings;Jan2014, Vol. 1573, p455
The thermal shield of JT-60SA is kept at 80 K and will use the multilayer insulation (MLI) to reduce radiation heat load to the superconducting coils at 4.4 K from the cryostat at 300 K. Due to plasma pulse operation, the MLI is affected by eddy current in toroidal direction. The MLI is designed...
- Dynemech rubber air springs. // Indian Textile Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p109
The article features rubber air springs from Dynemech which provide highly effective insulation of machines against low frequency vibration/impact. It has a vertical to horizontal natural frequency ratio of 1:1. A safety stop is provided to prevent the element from squeezing suddenly in case of...
- Development of Thermal Model by Performance Verification of Heat Pipe Subsystem for Electronic Cooling under Space Environment. Lee, M. K.; Hong, J. S.; Sin, S. M.; Oh, H. U. // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Nov2010, Issue 47, p606
No abstract available.
- Exergy and Thermoeconomic Analyses of Central Receiver Concentrated Solar Plants Using Air as Heat Transfer Fluid. Toro, Claudia; Rocco, Matteo V.; Colombo, Emanuela // Energies (19961073);Nov2016, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p1
The latest developments in solar technologies demonstrated that the solar central receiver configuration is the most promising application among concentrated solar power (CSP) plants. In CSPs solar-heated air can be used as the working fluid in a Brayton thermal cycle and as the heat transfer...