Frictionless- Compressor Technology
- Defining Trends in AC Motor Drives. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/25/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 8, p28
The article reports on the characteristics of a highly-efficient air conditioning motor drives available in the U.S. It is stated that the task of drive setup and programming depends of the knowledge and comfort level of users. In addition, drives are considered small, simple enough for domestic...
- Innovations Range Small to Super-Sized. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/4/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 14, p9
The article describes technological innovations on display at the Nuremberg, Germany-based Twenty-Seventh International Trade Fair for Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Ventilation. Products include an ice machine with vertical evaporator cylinders, a chiller with low-sound, air-cooled,...
- Screw compressors: Alternative to reciprocating compressors. Narreau, Peter; Heinrichs, Anton // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/19/93, Vol. 189 Issue 12, p14
Discusses the use of screw compressors as an alternative to reciprocating compressors. R-22; HFC-134a; Carlyle Compressor Co.; Mass flow rates; Tight tolerances; Displacement penalty; Benefits of using HFC-134a with screw compressors in either air conditioning or refrigeration.
- Counting the Cost of High-Voltage Surges. Estes, R. B. "Buzz" // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/04/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 5, p9
Recommends strategies for contractors and technicians in handling claims of high-voltage damage to refrigeration or air conditioning compressors. Adherence to ethics in the evaluation of claims; Option of the technician for an installation or a change-cut; Avoidance of the performance of a...
- ACR Show is a resounding success. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Mar2014, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that the Air Conditioning Refrigerating (ACR) Show 2014 held at the NEC in Birmingham, Alabama was a resounding success.
- ACR Show 2016 is set to connect, inspire and engage. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Oct2014, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p6
The article offers information on the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (ACR) Show to be held at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham, England on February 16-18, 2016.
- European expo also highlighted splits, ice machines, and controls. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/5/96, Vol. 197 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the air conditioning and refrigeration products shown at the IKK trade show for 1995. Splitsystems featured in the show; Air conditioners; Ice machines.
- Racking up compressors. // Chain Store Age;May96, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p144
Summarizes the `Racking Up Compressors' workshop at SPECS/96 held in Orlando, Florida. Use of variable speed in applications; Efforts of Aspen Systems to enhance supermarket refrigeration systems; Benefits of reciprocating a compressor's energy efficient ratio (EER); Determination of energy...
- CHANGING SPEEDS. Schneider, John // Appliance Design;Sep2011, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p24
The article offers a complete guide to variable speed compressor (VSC) technology for heat-pump (HP) applications. Two of the important features of VSC are temperature sensing and optimized scrolls. Advantages of VSC include better achievement of comfort and energy savings for homeowners. Data...