- Profiting on Climate Change -- Regardless of Your View. MEREDITH, SUSAN // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/5/2015, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p38
The article discusses the growth in climate change and global warming and the potential of heating & ventilation industry (HVAC) specially HVAC's contractors to decrease the consumption of electricity in the buildings. It mentions the U.S. National Aeronautics & Space Administration's data which...
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // ASHRAE Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p6
This section offers news briefs related to engineering industry from around the world as of April 2014. Topics covered include the construction of Hudson Spire in New York, a study on third-hand smoke and information on the 2015 Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigerating (AHR) Expo in Chicago,...
- We can solve setback to radiant industry. Fiedrich, Joe // Contractor Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p26
Offers suggestions on how the debacle in the heating industry of the United States can be solve. Root cause of the problem; What the industry need to adopt; Overview of several floor-heating standards enforced in European countries.
- New brand reflects scope of work done by members. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Feb2012, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the re-branding of the Heating and Ventilating Contractors' Association (HVCA) as the Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES) in a move to reposition the organization.
- To replace or repair heat pumps: That is the contractor's... Wright, Nathan // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;04/06/98, Vol. 203 Issue 14, p24
Presents guidelines for contractors in heating and ventilation industry on how to gain some lucrative business. Most economical means of heating and cooling a home; How to handle the selling and retrofit process; Availability of high-efficiency heat pump system.
- 1998 International Air-Conditioning, Refrigerating, Heating Exposition Moscone Convention Center... // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;01/19/98, Vol. 203 Issue 3, p10
Presents floor plans of the exhibition areas in the International Air-Conditioning, Refrigerating, Heating Exposition to be held at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, California in January 1998. Exhibitors.
- Balancing Home-Performance Demands with Ventilation Needs. Anesi, Jen // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/21/2014, Vol. 251 Issue 16, p15
The article presents information on the importance of ventilation and common mistakes made in ventilation.
- Clearing the air: What an HVAC cleaner should really do in your home. // St. Charles Journal;1/16/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, pD1
The article explains the significance of cleaning heating, ventilation and air conditioning system (HVAC), along with the steps in cleaning a HVAC system.
- ASHRAE shows new controls... Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Mar1999, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the staging of the International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition in the United States in January 1999. Range of issues in the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) industries that were discussed during the event; Different HVAC products exhibited during...