U.K. DVD seizures quintuple
- BLIGHTY'S PIC BLIGHT. Thomas, Archie // Daily Variety;12/14/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 52, p9
The article focuses on a report by the British Film Council, which states that the British piracy market will be worth £1 billion within three years, threatening the future of the local industry. Report, compiled by a special task force, backs up figures from the Federation Against Copyright...
- Tem to help stem piracy. // Onfilm;Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p4
This article reports on an anti-piracy campaign to be launched by the New Zealand Federation Against Copyright Theft (NZFACT). It says that this campaign, which is fronted by actor Temuera Morrison, will correspond with NZFACT going live with its web site, www.stopmoviepiracy.co.nz and an...
- Video Pirates Push U.K. Vendors To Carve Out New Responses. Andrews, Sam // Billboard;08/07/99, Vol. 111 Issue 32, p63
Focuses on a conference organized by the United Kingdom's video anti-piracy body, the Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT) at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Attendees; Comments from FACT chairman Mareck Antoniak; His announcement of a second initiative to combat...
- Police shut down fake DVD factory. // Packaging News;May2009, p4
The article reports on the shutdown of the largest illegal DVD manufacturing facility in Wembley, England. Through the joint operation of the City of London Police, the Metropolitan Police and the Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT), they raided the facility and seized several printing...
- China pirates get 'Revenge' Coonan, Clifford // Daily Variety;5/24/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the concern over the growing film piracy issue in Beijing, China. Measures done by the government to curb piracy; Factors contributing to the rise of the problem; Assessment on the quality of pirated DVD copies.
- NEW CONFAB FOR INDIA. Rosenberg, Scott // Film Journal International;Mar2006, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p31
The article presents updates on the motion picture industry in the Asia Pacific region. There is a new exhibition confab down India way called TAAL, to be held in New Delhi in November 2006. From our friends at the Motion Picture Association: Operation Big Broom began in mid-December 2006,...
- CHINA TOONS INTO COPYRIGHT. Coonan, Clifford // Daily Variety;9/22/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 57, p9
Reports on the plan of the Chinese government to establish a copyright center in Shanghai, China. Target schedule for the opening of the center; Impact of the plan on the local animation industry; Importance of the initiative in preventing further piracy.
- Pirate talk radios in at festival. James, Alison // Variety;8/30/2004 Film Fest Guide, Vol. 396, p32
Discusses piracy issues at the Deauville Film Festival in France. Efforts of the motion picture industry to fight piracy; Impact of piracy on the industry.
- Bootleg bandits foil biz force. Birchenough, Tom // Variety;1/31/2005, Vol. 397 Issue 11, pA1
Discusses issues concerning copyright theft in Russia as of February 6, 2005. Outcome of the submission of confiscated pirated goods by the Russian Anti-Piracy Organization (RAPO) to the local police; Rate of studio product piracy; Result of the anti-piracy efforts of the RAPO in collaboration...