Sources of variation in provincial drug spending
- How I became a drug "smuggler" Susman, Jeff // Journal of Family Practice;Nov2004, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p586
This article talks about the issue regarding healthcare coverage and drug costs in the U.S. It presents pertinent issues, which, according to the author has been influenced by the drug industry. The author pays particular emphasis on the writings of an author, which explores myths such as the...
- Pharmacide: The Pharmaceutical Industry's Self-Destructive Effort to Loot America. Clark, Cassandra // Objective Standard: A Journal of Culture & Politics;Winter2009/2010, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses the accusations set against pharmaceutical industry executives, who are said to loot money from ordinary citizens in the U.S. It mentions that the industry is said to be supporting the government in its violations of individual rights in order to gain more profit. The...
- Concordance: Can It Deliver? Farr, Viv // European Pharmaceutical Executive;Nov/Dec2005, p29
The article discusses how a concordant approach to treatment can benefit patients, government health budgets and the pharmaceutical industry in Europe. Patients will benefit from taking their medicines correctly and completing the full course of treatment, leading to a healthier population. This...
- The Value of Innovation. // Health Affairs;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the concerns over pharmaceutical profits and the effect of technology on health care costs in the United States. Criticisms on the pharmaceutical industry by media, citizens and the Congress; Details on the technological changes in medical conditions; Assessment on the benefits of...
- Government plans to curb drug spending. // Life Science Today;Apr2001, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the French government's efforts to deal with drug spending that has hit an all time high in 2000.
- Matters of (Re) Import. Clinton, Patrick // Pharmaceutical Executive;Sep2003, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the safety of products in the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. Discussions on the changes in healthcare; Key to controlling healthcare costs; Services of pharmacies.
- Shape Up! Scheinkopf, Lisa // Pharmaceutical Executive;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p92
Determines the creation of fitness program in pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. Increase of healthcare costs in the industry; Problems associated with public health crisis; Establishment of direct-to-consumer brand awareness activity.
- Transferring the financial risks of pharmaceutical benefits from a large health care provider in Argentina to a consortium of pharmaceutical companies. Cervellino, Juan C.; Corazza, Sandra B.; Bignone, Ines M. I.; Fligman, M. Diana; Figueroa, Silvana; Roldan, Ruben; Morici, Pablo; Diez, Roberto A. // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;Apr2003, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p203
Presents a study which examined the decision of the National Institute of Social Services for Retirees and Pensioners in Argentina to transfer the risk for the cost of outpatient medications and cancer treatment drugs to a consortium of pharmaceutical companies in exchange for a fixed monthly...
- Health plans to gain more comparative data on drugs. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare Executive;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
This article reports that one response to questions about the safety and effectiveness of several popular prescription drugs is to develop more comparative information about drug costs and side effects. The HHS Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has gained some additional finding...