- Measles after childhood. // Current Health 2;Apr87, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p16
Measles prevention; severity of measles in adults; measles immunity; description of symptoms of the virus; rubella; encephalitis; immunization program.
- No more measles. // Current Health 1;Feb1990, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p19
Discusses the increase in measles outbreaks and the recommendations by doctors for second measles vaccinations for children around age 12.
- Controlling measles. // Current Health 1;Apr96, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p20
Presents information on a school nurse who spoke to children about the immunization of measles. Comments from Mrs. McCall; Ways in which to immunize against measles; Responses from children; Medical name for measles.
- Mumps and measles make a comeback. Wells, J.L. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep89, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p23
Reports on renewed outbreaks of mumps and measles in the United States. Mumps' complications; Risk groups; What to do. INSET: Mumps facts.;Measles facts..
- Measles facts. // FDA Consumer;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p14
Provides facts and information on the infectious disease commonly known as measles. Medical name: rubeola; Transmission of the disease; Incubation period; Symptoms; Possible complications; Prevention.
- ... And measles, too. // FDA Consumer;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p15
Reports on recent outbreak of measles in the US even among people who have been vaccinated against the disease. Reasons for recurrence of the disease; Preventive measures.
- Addressing the measles epidemic. Mason, James O. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun92, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p241
Editorial. Discusses how, despite the proven benefits of an effective measles vaccine, children in the United States are suffering and needlessly dying from the disease. The measles epidemic of 1990; The steps the Public Health Service has taken to break down the barriers; Improvement of...
- Measles return. Cook, Deanna F. // Science World;2/7/92, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p3
States that measles, a disease that health officials thought would soon be wiped out of America, is on the rise. Reasons that the disease is on the rise; Why this is dangerous; Graph showing the number of measles cases in the United States; Quiz that tests students' knowledge of the graph;...
- Exposure to measles in utero and Crohn's disease: Danish register study. Nielsen, Lise Lotte W.; Nielsen, Nete Munk; Melbye, Mads; Sodermann, Morten; Jacobsen, Marianne; Aaby, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/17/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7126, p196
Presents a study on the exposure to measles in utero and Crohn's disease. Detailed information on the study; Subjects and methods used; Results of the study.
- Measles--United States, 1995. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;4/19/1996, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p305
Reports on the incidence of measles in the United States in 1995. Age groups affected; Vaccination status; Case classification; Outbreaks.