Academic medicine: resuscitation in progress
- CME INSTRUCTIONS. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Nov2011, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p131
The article highlights the instructions of continuing medical education (CME) and medical research works.
- Definition. McDermott, Walsh // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1964, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p14A
This article shares the author's thoughts about biomedical research. The article also addresses the need for more studies of how medicine may best participate in the modernization of primitive communities.
- Views from the trenches: clinician-scientist trainees speak up. McGugan, Sandra // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Dec2002, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p222
Presents some recommendations on the training of medical clinicians-scientists. Increase in the tenure of physician/graduate studentships; Establishment of a national database for clinician-scientist training programs; Increase in the amount of travel support attached to studentships and salary...
- Dr. Jean Gray: profile of a leader in academic medicine. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p113
Profiles Jean Gray, a professor in medicine and medical researcher in Canada. Educational and career background; Accomplishments of Gray; Organizations of Gray.
- Research Training for Medical Students in a Global Health World. Carrillo-Larco, Rodrigo M. // Archives of Iranian Medicine (AIM);Feb2014, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p135
The article discusses the importance of research training for medical students. Topics include the paper "Rapid research education for medical science students," by K. Mollazadeh-Moghaddam and colleagues which highlights the revelance of research training to undergraduate students in Iran, the...
- CONJOINT COMMITTEE TACKLES FUNDING. // Medical Meetings;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Council of Medical Specialty Societies' Conjoint Committee on continuing medical education (CME) met in Chicago, Illinois on August 24, 2010 to discuss recommendation 5.3 from the Institute of Medicine's April 2009 report "Conflict of Interest in Medical...
- Undergraduate Medical Education as a Foundation for Health Care and Research. Fischer, Martin R. // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;5/4/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 18, p325
The article provides information related to Medical education and various aspects related to it. It informs that in future, Medical education and specialist training will be more closely oriented on the requirements of health care planning so as to match it with medical school courses. It also...
- The future of medical education in the UK. Rees, P. John; Stephenson, Anne E. // British Journal of General Practice;Nov2010, Vol. 60 Issue 580, p795
The authors examine trends in medical education in Great Britain. They predict an increased pace of change in medical education due to financial pressures in both educational and health systems. They point out the need for medical educators to show the quality and value of graduates and produce...
- Reinvention starts here. Delamothe, Tony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/1/2003, Vol. 327 Issue 7422, p998
Presents the editor's assessment of various articles featured in this issue. Report from the Academy of Medical Sciences on the bad state of clinical research in the United Kingdom; Address of the abandonment of the belief that academic medicine is important; Assertion that the world needs to be...