- Hicks, Muse buying major stake in courtesy. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;07/26/99, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p1
Discloses plans of Dallas, Texas-based investment firm Hicks Muse Tate & Furst Inc. to purchase a majority stake in custom injection molder and mold maker Courtesy Corp. Completion date of deal; Background of business operations of the two companies.
- Aon sells Swett & Crawford. // Canadian Underwriter;Dec2005, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the decision of Aon Corp. to sell Swett & Crawford to an investor group including Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Inc. and Banc of America Capital Investors. Swett & Crawford is Aon's wholesale brokerage operation in the U.S. Aon Corp. provides risk management services as well...
- Hicks muse walks away. // High Yield Report;02/22/99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the collapse of oil firm Coho Energy's private equity deal with buyout firm Hicks Muse Tate & Furst. Investors' reaction to the outcome of the deal; Amount that Hicks Muse planned to invest in Coho; Status of the oil industry.
- LIN will hunt for stations. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;08/18/97, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p3
Reports that Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst agreed to acquire LIN Television for $1.7 billion in the United States. LIN Television's ownership of eight stations, and operator of four more stations under local marketing agreements; Details on the acquisition, and the companies involved in the deal.
- Weetabix: Hicks Muse bets on local brands. // MarketWatch: Food;January 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p11
Reports on private equity group Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst's acquisition of British breakfast cereal company Weetabix. Terms of the acquisition deal; Impact of the acquisition on Hicks Muse's business; Future plans for the breakfast cereal company.
- Chancellor eyes LIN, Capstar. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;06/29/98, Vol. 128 Issue 27, p67
Reports that Chancellor Media Corporation may acquire the other media companies controlled by investment banker Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Incorporated, including LIN Television and Capstar Broadcasting. Amount Chancellor agreed to pay to buy Martin Media; Chancellor's goal.
- Hicks Muse strikes oil again. // High Yield Report;09/07/98, Vol. 9 Issue 34, p3
Reports on the acquisition of Triton Energy Ltd. by Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst Inc. Cost of the deal; Details on the two companies; Comments from Tom Parker, energy analyst at Chase Securities company; Reference to the increase of market shares at Coho Energy company by Hicks, Muse.
- Even for Hicks Muse, a Good Acquisition Is Hard to Find. Robinson, Edward // Fortune;7/19/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p161
Presents an interview with Tom Hicks, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hicks Muse Taste & Furst equity firm. Their purchase of business units shed by Fortune 500 companies; The state of the business buyout industry as of July 1999; The difficulty of finding good acquisitions; The firm's...
- Barbarians at the Gate--Euro-Style. // Fortune International (Europe);01/10/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on leveraged buyouts (LBO) in Europe as of January 2000. Reasons for the interest of United States LBO firms; Hicks Muse Tate & Furst's acquisitions; Capital; Turnaround strategy and expected returns.