I want to be alone . . . for a while anyway
- Buyers want what works. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;2/1/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the innovative approach of the retail furniture business to urge buyers to purchase furniture products. It mentions that furniture retailers addressed issues on supply chain and vendor service while others press for more reliable container-direct service and use the word...
- Q & a your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;03/03/2000, Issue 5177, p6
Answers various queries relating to customer problems of furniture retailers.
- Knowing your customer. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p3
Comments on the importance of keeping in touch with customers in furniture retailing.
- Never make assumptions. Adamson, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p6
Gives advice on how to make sales in the furniture industry. Risks of making assumptions regarding the need of customers; Factors to consider when offering products to consumers; Characteristics of the buyer that need to be known to the sales personnel to help them in their choice.
- VIC SAYS... // Cabinet Maker;12/4/2015, Issue 5960, p24
The author offers insights on the bedroom furniture industry. He discusses ways for sales professionals to close a sale, the importance of sellers making a personal contact with their customers, the separation between customer approach and personal space, and the qualifications of a professional...
- Go Back To The Basics With The 5 Stages Of Action. // Sales Leader;11/6/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p3
The article provides the five stages of action of selling. The stages include: attention; interest; desire; conviction; and action. These fundamental sales techniques have been around since the 1950s. Although times and methods have changed, these basic stages remain the same. In the first...
- DISTRIBUTION MULTI-CANAL : VERS UNE ï¿½VALUATION DE Rï¿½LE DU VENDEUR DANS L'INTï¿½GRATION DES CANAUX DE DISTRIBUTION. Vanheems, R�gine // Revue Franï¿½aise du Marketing;jul2009, Issue 223, p53
Considered as a business model, multi-channel retailing raises numerous marketing issues, out of which the way channels must cohabit. The salesman in the company's store is a key actor of this cohabitation. This paper helps understanding why the profession of salesmen must be revisited with a...
- Training for Sales Effectiveness: Experience in German retail outlets. Haas, Alexander // European Retail Digest;Dec2002, Issue 36, p56
Discusses a study which analyzed the kind of influences salespeople exert on costumers, the extent to which they can affect brand choice among German retailers of electrical goods. Factors that retailers and brand managers need to consider; Use of a mystery shopping design; Influence of selling...
- Special Engagement: Are You Succeeding? // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/22/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p37
The author offers some tips to retailers and salespeople in the U.S. on how to engage customers. He explains the importance of engaging customers. He states that customer engagement is one of the most powerful, yet least-understood and least-utilized aspects of the selling process. He presents...