GUS harmony fails to lift the Christmas spirit
- Flat-panel craze: Will you profit? // Furniture/Today;3/13/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p2
The author reflects on the growing demand of flat-panel televisions and its impact on the furniture industry in the U.S. He mentioned about the projected revenues of these televisions by 180 percent, with 48 billion sales in 2008. With this forecast, there will be a great opportunity for the...
- RTA makers fight for space. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p30
Reports on the market outlook for ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture products in the U.S. Impact of the consolidation at retail on the sales performance of RTA furniture; Average price points feasible for RTA; Alterations in the initiatives of RTA manufacturers for market penetration.
- Youth segment proves robust. Kitchen, Jane // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p32
Reports the projected market performance of the youth furniture segment in the U.S. in 2003. Impetus to the increased demand for youth furniture; Impact of economic downturn on the trend in consumer buying; Role of demographic changes in market growth.
- Home theater attracts crowds. // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p34
Reports on the projected market status of home entertainment furniture in the U.S. Influence of home theater innovations on furniture demand; Advantage of the marketing scheme of video electronic manufacturers for the furniture sector; Implications for the design of entertainment furniture.
- Behind the numbers. // Kids Today;Feb2011, p14
The article offers information on the furniture sales estimates and projections developed by the journal "Kids Today" market research and Easy Analytic Software Inc.
- Poor London sales. // Cabinet Maker;2/19/2010, Issue 5675, p6
The article reports on the BRC-KPMG London Retail Sales Monitor which shows a 3.5% increase in the retail sales of furniture makers in 2010 in central London, England.
- Furniture retail sales down in Ireland. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2012, Issue 5795, p12
The article reports on the decline in the retail sales in the furniture industry in Ireland, according to Central Statistics Office (CSO).
- Retail furniture hot spots. // Furniture/Today;12/31/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p14
Presents chart depicting the ranking of the furniture industry and trade in the United States. Sales forecasting for 2006; Alteration of the market trends; Furniture and bedding sales in millions.
- Home Furnishings Looking Up. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;May2010, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on the October 2009 ShopperScape report by Retail Forward which tells that 23% of consumers are likely to make a furniture purchase in the next six months and seven percent very likely while 30% are likely to purchase home furnishings/home decor and eight percent very likely.